Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Clearly favourable? Almost an issue at the Teltscher Trophy

#1 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-May-22, 13:42

Scotland Seniors have won the Teltscher Trophy, the Home International Series for Seniors, by less than one victory point from England. In a finish that was almost as exciting as the Lady Milne Trophy last month, two swings (+13, +4) on the final two boards were sufficient.

So it was good that a ruling was not required for board 28, but I did wonder what the threshold is for 'clearly favourable' in Law 86B1.

On board 28 the Scotland North-South pair bid and made three no trump when most of the NS pairs were failing in four hearts. I don't have the details, but presumably the board was fouled or someone overheard something as the board was scored as average-plus to both teams at the other table. So I think it is fair to assume that neither pair or team were at fault.

This was the board and full details are at https://bridgeresult...rophy_d156p.asp.

There were five results on the hand: three no trump making ten tricks, four hearts (twice) and three hearts all going one down, and one three spades doubled by East losing -500.

Is this sufficient to adjust the AV+ score for the three no trump making and, if so, what would be a suitable adjustment?

LAW 86 - TEAM PLAY
B. Result Obtained at Other Table
1. Single Result Obtained
In team play when the Director awards an adjusted score and the result at the other table between the same contestants is clearly favourable to one side, the Director shall award an assigned adjusted score [see Law 12C1c], but for multiple adjusted scores see B2 following].

The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#2 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-May-22, 19:37

Bad link.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#3 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-May-23, 01:31

View Postblackshoe, on 2022-May-22, 19:37, said:

Bad link.

Thanks, the old period at the end of the link address. Fixed now.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users