BBO Discussion Forums: Dealer scripts - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

Dealer scripts Date sensitive?

#1 User is offline   Georooney 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-March-24, 12:55

I'd like to use scripts to generate hands for practice of conventions at a teaching table. While there seems to be lots of good information here, I'm wondering if much of it is still relevant, given the dates of the messages and the recent BBO update to HTML?

#2 User is offline   Georooney 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-March-24, 12:57

As an alternative, are there library sites where prebuilt dealer scripts are available for various situations?

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-March-24, 13:32

View PostGeorooney, on 2021-March-24, 12:57, said:

As an alternative, are there library sites where prebuilt dealer scripts are available for various situations?

As you already gathered, it's a bit of a mess, with the forum confused by "Full Disclosure" (easy for admin to resolve) and the dual scope of Dealer: either generating hands to play or simulating the outcome of hands to validate agreements.
I recently dabbled in the latter and have developed some scripts, many of them posted there. Unfortunately I don't have experience of generating hands to play in .LIN format, although I imagine it is fairly straightforwards (the problems if any will be in the BBO interface for importing and using the .LIN file).

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users