Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Undo Request

#1 User is offline   lamford 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-November-20, 11:14

The hand is not relevant. An auction starts 1D-1H-Pass-2D*-Pass. The last pass is described as "lead something other than a diamond". The person requests an undo, as he intended to Double, which in their methods says "lead something other than a diamond".

The clubs's COC stipulates that "obvious misclicks" should have undo requests allowed. The auction continued 2H-Pass-4H and the TD was called who decided that it was an "obvious misclick", but by that time much UI had been transmitted by remarks to the table. The time taken by the TD caused the board not be completed, as well, and a (fair) adjusted score was awarded.

a) Do people know if the request for an undo is seen by the partner of the person requesting it?
b) Do people know if the next person calling "rejects" the undo request?
c) Do people know if one's partner calling "rejects" the undo request?
d) Do people view that the TD should be called after the undo-requester's partner has passed?
I prefer to give the lawmakers credit for stating things for a reason - barmar

#2 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-20, 20:34

There are something like seven billion people in the world. I have no idea whether any of them know any of those things. I know I don't know them.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#3 User is online   pescetom 

Posted 2020-November-21, 10:02

View Postlamford, on 2020-November-20, 11:14, said:

The hand is not relevant. An auction starts 1D-1H-Pass-2D*-Pass. The last pass is described as "lead something other than a diamond". The person requests an undo, as he intended to Double, which in their methods says "lead something other than a diamond".

The clubs's COC stipulates that "obvious misclicks" should have undo requests allowed. The auction continued 2H-Pass-4H and the TD was called who decided that it was an "obvious misclick", but by that time much UI had been transmitted by remarks to the table. The time taken by the TD caused the board not be completed, as well, and a (fair) adjusted score was awarded.

a) Do people know if the request for an undo is seen by the partner of the person requesting it?
b) Do people know if the next person calling "rejects" the undo request?
c) Do people know if one's partner calling "rejects" the undo request?
d) Do people view that the TD should be called after the undo-requester's partner has passed?

Either I'm having a bad day (quite likely), or some questions are unclear which might explain the silence here.
a) It's a long time since I played with undo enabled, but I think the request is not visible to partner. I imagine that if the undo was both slow and accepted he will see the call change, however.
b) I doubt the next person can call without accepting a pending undo request. If you mean can one request undo after LHO has called, I do not know but suspect not (I don't remember ever getting to change my own call after accepting an opponent's undo).
c) idem, but it would be absurd if one could still request undo after parter calls.
d) I view that if the COC regulates undo it should specify when the TD should be called, which might be after partner has called: but I don't see that the fact partner passed merits a TD call, if that is what you mean.

#4 User is offline   shyams 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-21, 12:02

I have very rarely played with Undo facility enabled. However, as per my recollection, you can ask for an undo even after 2 or 3 subsequent calls. Although I have never encountered it, I suspect one can repeatedly seek an undo to allow stepping back more than one round of bids.

#5 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-November-21, 13:15

If you're just asking about how undo works on BBO:

- you can ask for an undo at any time, including after subsequent actions
- if your partner asks for an undo, you do see that they're asking for an undo
- nobody can bid until the undo request is dealt with
- as soon as one person hits reject, the undo is rejected. You can't tell which player rejected.
- if the person asking for the undo cancels the request, the undo is rejected; you can't distinguish this from the above

#6 User is offline   lamford 

Posted 2020-November-30, 04:30

View Postsmerriman, on 2020-November-21, 13:15, said:

If you're just asking about how undo works on BBO:

- you can ask for an undo at any time, including after subsequent actions
- if your partner asks for an undo, you do see that they're asking for an undo
- nobody can bid until the undo request is dealt with
- as soon as one person hits reject, the undo is rejected. You can't tell which player rejected.
- if the person asking for the undo cancels the request, the undo is rejected; you can't distinguish this from the above

Yes, we established that by testing in the casual room. The software allows an undo after partner has called, despite the fact that this contravenes Law 25A1. The undo request is also illegal communication to partner and a breach of Law 73B. Even if it is disallowed by the TD (say because partner has bid) then partner will know that you did not intend to make that call.

For every reason, BBO is unsuitable for any serious form of the game, and I am pleased that Real Bridge has addressed some of these issues.
I prefer to give the lawmakers credit for stating things for a reason - barmar

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users