Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Total Points Club recent difficulties

#1 User is offline   clrandall 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-April-19, 07:42

The Total Points Club is a very old club.

As a member with many friends in the club, I like playing there. Recently there have been some issues.

The most recent issue was a non member. It looked like he was there to intentionally disrupt the tournament. He succeeded.

I suspect the director who did not show up, had dealings with this person before. Did not show up because he was not willing to deal with him again. The Assistant Director did not have the skills to deal with him. He (xxxxx [name deleted by administrator for violation of TOS of this site, however the name was given to bbo's abuse]) announced that he had taken over pairing and table assignments, announced that sign ins were closed, sat at a table to play for less than 5 minutes, and then left.

Non members, who don't understand the clubs tournament system, come from time to time and attempt to just sit in. They usually get booted from the table they sit in at, or are not allowed to sit because the table has permission set.

If the club is to live on, we, the members, need to take measures to insure the club continues. If we do not, the club will die.

This post has been edited by inquiry: 2013-April-19, 09:15
Reason for edit: violation of term of service

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2013-April-19, 09:32

Welcome to the Bridge Base Online forum. I had to edit your post to remove the name of the person you were reporting as that violates the term of service for this site. However, I forwarded the name to a group of BBO yellows to investigate what you reported. In the future, you can report such behavior to abuse@bridgebase.com or to any yellow who is logged in at the time the behavior is occuring.
--Ben--

#3 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-April-19, 14:26

I need to add though, that TPTC chose to be a public and not a private club. It is not possible to block people from entering a public club. If someone is generally abusive, report him. If someone is just not abiding by established TPTC rules, I don't know what we can do to help.
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#4 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-April-22, 09:04

I am not a "member" of the Total Points club but I have played in the tournies there a number of times. Noone was unfriendly. I am worried that the OP's tone suggests that this has changed. Since when was the club wanted to stop new players from joining in? If "members" take the attitude towards "non-members" of the OP then the club may well die. No need for any outside person to come in and cause disruption - "members" can do it for themselves.
(-: Zel :-)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users