-they have knives and you have a bat?

Posted Image
OK
bed

#22 User is offline   CSGibson 

• Tubthumper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, pool, financial crime. New experiences, new people.

Posted 2013-February-27, 12:38

View Postlalldonn, on 2013-February-27, 11:43, said:

Chris I know you're a pretty big guy but you have no idea the amount of money I would bet on the 20+ kids against you. If you stop to pick up one kid to throw them, all the other kids have reached you.

yeah, I'm ok with that. of 20 kids, only 8 or so can be attacking at any one time if I am standing in an open space, so there's a limit to how much effective force they can deliver. 5 year olds weigh about 40 pounds each, and don't have great balance or strength. If I were to go down, I'd crush 6 underneath me. Oh, and I'd make sure to brush off the people's elbow. I'm assuming that I wouldn't stop to pick up the kid, that the kid would have reached me and that I am peeling them off in order to throw at the others. Also, I don't think kicking is a great idea - you don't want to weaken your base, your big advantage is that they are attacking your legs, not your air/eyes/etc. punching, yes. sweeping strokes that throw them around into walls/each other also work.

The only things I'd be concerned about is repeated crotch attacks and tripping over them so that I get swarmed. That being said, I don't think that I'd stay down the first time I went down. I also wouldn't attack my own air by running around like a loon. That wouldn't be playing to my strengths. Instead, I am going to find a good wall, put it at my back, and use it as another weapon by pushing kids heads into it. Perhaps I could further limit access to me by building walls of unconscious kids around me.

To be fair, I've worked daycare and had a bunch of kids mock-attack me at the same time, so I think I have a decent idea as to strategy. That being said, I would bet on the kids too, because I personally could not be ruthless enough to attack 5 year olds with the intent of hurting them on practically any circumstances.
Chris Gibson

#23 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-February-28, 03:45

View PostCSGibson, on 2013-February-27, 12:38, said:

yeah, I'm ok with that. of 20 kids, only 8 or so can be attacking at any one time if I am standing in an open space, so there's a limit to how much effective force they can deliver. 5 year olds weigh about 40 pounds each, and don't have great balance or strength.
I recall my little sister grabbing my mom's chair and pulling it a couple of meters to grab his attention. My mom was sitting on it all the time.

#24 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2013-February-28, 12:09

View PostCSGibson, on 2013-February-27, 12:38, said:

(strategy guide against marauding 5 year olds)

Please nominate this for POTY please.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#25 User is offline   neilkaz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Backgammon, Bridge, Hockey

Posted 2013-February-28, 14:57

I'm the guy that said 10+ vs 5 year olds and I purposely left out a +. I think the real answer is 10++ or even 12++ or 15+ if it came down to a real FIGHT or life and death situation. I recall seeing a picture of Chris somewhere and he's a big guy and not an oldish man like me. If you put Chris in the Octogon with 20 5 years olds and the fight is real and with no morals, I'd bet on Chris being the only one who walks out of there and especially if he can wear a cup like UFC fighters to protect his groin somewhat.

Now if you put 20 5 years olds who are trained in Tai Kwon Do like my niece was at that age, even Chris might have some difficulties, but a random 20 of them from a kindergarden or 1st grade class...well these kids just aren't big enough or strong enough or knowledgable enough to do much damage unless they can strike you in the groin (and a cup mitigates much of that), or get you down and get at your eyes (not permitted in UFC).

Just what is a 5 year old going to do when hit full force by a grown man? He/she will tap out or quit if still conscious. Once again, my only concern would be not killing the kids and not to sound crude, make it a life or death situation and that doesn't become a concern.

Would I bet on my self vs 20 of them? Well I'll be 55 in a month, but have wrestled around enough with 4 or 5 nephews and my step son ranging form about 4 to 11 years old to know that I'd beat them in this. I'd not like to face 20 5 years olds in the Octogon, but as Chris said, I'd use the walls to my advantage and try to make sure I wasn't completely surrounded by them. Banging their heads together when several attacked would be a major weapon of mine. Elbows will also be a major weapon..ie smash down on their heads or backwards into their faces when they grab you.

There's huge difference in kids when they are 7 or 8 than 5. They know more about how to fight and how to take you down. I'd certainly NOT be happy fighting 10 8 year olds in a real fight.

Please don't think I'm nuts when talking about doing these things to little kids. This is the subject of this mini-thread and I am trying to be realistic. My appologies to anyone whom I've offended.

.. neilkaz ..

#26 User is offline   lalldonn 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-February-28, 15:20

If this kid is involved, I'm scared
"What's the big rebid problem? After 1♦ - 1♠, I can rebid 1NT, 2♠, or 2♦."
- billw55

#27 User is offline   billw55 

• enigmatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-February-28, 16:08

It depends a lot on the adult opponent. For a largish and strongish grown man, probably no number of 5 year olds could win because they just couldn't hurt him enough. If there were a couple hundred maybe they could make a pile on him until he couldn't move, achieving a draw.
Life is long and beautiful, if bad things happen, good things will follow.
-gwnn

#28 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2013-February-28, 16:10

View Postlalldonn, on 2013-February-28, 15:20, said:

Maybe daddy can now buy him a new pair of cutoff jeans?
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#29 User is offline   dwar0123 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-March-01, 14:01

View Postlalldonn, on 2013-February-28, 15:20, said:

That had to be some of the most pointlessly nauseating video editing I have ever seen.

An ant can lift some large multiple of it's own body weight. I can still crush it without even noticing it was there.

Strong or not, a 5 year old just does not have the size to impact a large grown adult.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users