Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Skill level identification

#1 User is offline   ian302 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-April-02, 02:50

Just a suggestion, but one of the difficulties I encounter is identifying the skill level of a member when deciding to join a table. I do not wish to apply to join a table that has, for example, experts. However, by the time I check the prospective partners skill level, the place is filled.

It would be nice if a person's skill level was identified by colour coding or code letter after the username. Another useful fact would be to know if the person has a profile. I dislike playing with someone whose skill level is 'Private', and has no system identified.

Does anyone else have a comment?

#2 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2011-April-02, 07:16

View Postian302, on 2011-April-02, 02:50, said:

Just a suggestion, but one of the difficulties I encounter is identifying the skill level of a member when deciding to join a table. I do not wish to apply to join a table that has, for example, experts. However, by the time I check the prospective partners skill level, the place is filled.

It would be nice if a person's skill level was identified by colour coding or code letter after the username. Another useful fact would be to know if the person has a profile. I dislike playing with someone whose skill level is 'Private', and has no system identified.

Does anyone else have a comment?

Welcome to forums, I understand you not wanting to join a table of experts :D

Using BBO Windows you can choose which level of players you want to display so you could exclude Experts and Privates. I dont know if this is available on Web BBO.
However, beware that what someone chooses to display in their profile often has little resemblance to reality.
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)
"At last: just calm down, this kind of disrupted boards happens every day in our bridge community. It will always be an inherent part of bridge until we move to a modern platform, and then will we have other hopefully less frequent issues." P Swennson

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users