BBO Discussion Forums: How to find the non periodic comet C/2023 A3 ATLAS - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to find the non periodic comet C/2023 A3 ATLAS

#1 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2024-October-05, 15:32

English: https://youtu.be/cVl...b5olK5slc2YxR8F

(If it's not in your language, you can activate translation)

Between September and October 2024, comet C/2023 Tsuchinshan ATLAS will be visible from the northern hemisphere, an astronomical event not to be missed! In this video, I'll explain everything you need to know to admire the comet, which will pass close to Earth. I'll show you where and when to look at the sky to see it with the naked eye or with the help of binoculars, and I'll also give you some tips on how to photograph it. Get ready to experience an extraordinary moment that only happens once in a lifetime, a journey through time through the night sky! (...)

#2 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-October-06, 17:43

View PostLovera, on 2024-October-05, 15:32, said:

English: https://youtu.be/cVl...b5olK5slc2YxR8F

(If it's not in your language, you can activate translation)

Between September and October 2024, comet C/2023 Tsuchinshan ATLAS will be visible from the northern hemisphere, an astronomical event not to be missed! In this video, I'll explain everything you need to know to admire the comet, which will pass close to Earth. I'll show you where and when to look at the sky to see it with the naked eye or with the help of binoculars, and I'll also give you some tips on how to photograph it. Get ready to experience an extraordinary moment that only happens once in a lifetime, a journey through time through the night sky! (...)

Any opportunities for us down south? EDIT apologies apparently some people have but not sure if there are other opportunities

#3 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-October-07, 13:22

View Postthepossum, on 2024-October-06, 17:43, said:

Any opportunities for us down south? EDIT apologies apparently some people have but not sure if there are other opportunities

If you understand how to do it, you can try to insert your location (on the bottom left changing the one already indicated - for me there was "Near Austin" that I changed the most) so that you will have the hemisphere for your city. Then you will have to see in the chosen date and time if it is possible to see the comet to the W at sunset or at sunrise towards the E.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-October-07, 14:59

How do I get English translation or subtitles? When I click on the gear, the only option is Italian closed captioning.

#5 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-October-07, 17:39

View Postbarmar, on 2024-October-07, 14:59, said:

How do I get English translation or subtitles? When I click on the gear, the only option is Italian closed captioning.

When you click on "gear" you can see: disactive title or in "italiano". Then you had to chose the last option "automatic translation"(=traduzione automatica) to have English as your language.

#6 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2024-October-17, 04:36

Thx for the reply Lovera

I haven't had good weather to check but would likely need a special vantage with less light. Apparently some have seen it here

#7 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-October-22, 14:05

I did eventually download Stellarium to my phone. We had a clear night a few days ago, it helped me find the comet. I was able to see it in binoculars and I got a picture of it on my phone. Not as nice as the great shots at apod.nasa.gov, but it's mine.

Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users