BBO Discussion Forums: DDS command line tool for Windows? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DDS command line tool for Windows?

#1 User is offline   mga010 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-November-22, 04:34

I would need a DDS on the command line. Input would be a PBN or LIN file, or a command line string. Output would be the number of tricks that can be reached by each side. If it can follow play and suggest the values of the next play, even better.

I know that you can do that by interfacing with the DDS.DLL and writing a tool on your own. I could do that, but maybe someone has done it already. I also know that Bridge Composer can run via the command line. But that is a commercial program. I have a license, but I want to have something I can distribute along my Java program (https://sourceforge....ge-hand-replay/). Even better would be a Java DDS. I am tempted to write one myself, but have not started so far in fear that a simple one would be too slow.

#2 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-November-22, 09:34

If you're a python person, anntzer's redeal would work well. Input the deal as a Deal, and call DDS on it.

But you already have the DLL. Since you're already a Java person, a Java wrapper around the C++ calls. There are several structures I can see (haven't Java'ed in 20 years, so I can't analyze them), but javacpp has several recommendations as being "easy to use, without needing to learn an interface language, that uses Java Native Interface in its backend, so it's fast".
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#3 User is offline   mga010 

• PipPip

Posted 2023-November-22, 11:37

I was thinking of a Java wrapper too. But I decided to go for a C executable which calls the DLL. This will only be for Windows 64-bit. Communication is by fetching the output of the program, or maybe pipes later. Currently command line parameters are used. I have my program already running with full hand analysis. More will come later.

#4 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-November-22, 11:53

The bcalconsole command line tool that comes with bcalc has worked well for me in the past.

#5 User is offline   phisgr 

• Pip

Posted 2024-January-16, 02:34

mga010, on 2023-November-22, 11:37, said:

I was thinking of a Java wrapper too.

I've been working on this during the holidays.

Java wrapper for DDS, using the latest FFM for native code in Java 21 (JNI is a pain to use).

https://github.com/p...tree/main/dds4j

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users