BBO Discussion Forums: All blank cards on screen. What to do? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All blank cards on screen. What to do?

#1 User is offline   elle8 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-November-23, 19:07

As of an hour ago I get all blank cards on my screen. New log in doesn't help. Same problem at all tables. Help me out please.

#2 User is offline   elle8 

• Pip

Posted 2023-November-23, 19:58

Has something to do with my phone screen. I just tried an ipad and no blank cards there. Can anyone help me out? I already restarted my phone but that doesn't help.

#3 User is online   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2023-November-23, 20:07

Can't help sorry. I have signed in on my Android and have no problem with the cards.
I'm not sure how regularly this forum is monitored by BBO support staff, you may want to post it in the BBO Support thread. I'm not sure if that is monitored regularly either. :(
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2023-November-24, 15:39

elle8, on 2023-November-23, 19:58, said:

Has something to do with my phone screen. I just tried an ipad and no blank cards there. Can anyone help me out? I already restarted my phone but that doesn't help.

Hi,

We recently updated BBO and this introduced some compatibilities with very old systems, usually iOS10 and Safari, although we've heard of other old devices and systems with the white cards symptoms. We'll have a fix by Monday. Meanwhile the workaround is to either use a newer device, or try a different browser (Chrome if you have it). Sorry about this -- we're not intentionally phasing out support for ancient devices, however some of the tech used in our software does that periodically.

#5 User is offline   RosannaPR9 

• Pip

Posted 2023-November-25, 01:57

diana_eva, on 2023-November-24, 15:39, said:

Hi,

We recently updated BBO and this introduced some compatibilities with very old systems, usually iOS10 and Safari, although we've heard of other old devices and systems with the white cards symptoms. We'll have a fix by Monday. Meanwhile the workaround is to either use a newer device, or try a different browser (Chrome if you have it). Sorry about this -- we're not intentionally phasing out support for ancient devices, however some of the tech used in our software does that periodically.

Thank you for this update. My husband and I also had this problem last night. We have iOS10 / Safari, in line with this diagnosis. Good to know you will have a fix organized.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users