• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

new tds

#1 User is offline   spwdo 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2004-February-07, 16:56

hi,

maybe it wasnt a bad idea to let knew tds first get some kind of experience from obligated co-hosting events before give td facility, just thinking out loud, dont shoot me :o
"if you fail at your first attempt , maybe skydiving is not for you".

#2 User is offline   Mirjam_3 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-February-14, 03:08

well, it is a good idea to co anyway, u learn the system and u get to know some other td's which might help u if needed!!
Glamourous Blond

#3 User is offline   aramesh_ 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Reading

Posted 2004-February-16, 02:24

good to get trained as a co-td before a solo venture as a TD

#4 User is offline   Trpltrbl 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Sailing, cooking, bonsaitrees.

Posted 2004-February-23, 18:50

I have had a few TD as my co-directors and I am very happy too see that they are doing very good for themselfs now :( Makes me proud, I must have done something right .

Mike :)
“If there is dissatisfaction with the status quo, good. If there is ferment,
so much the better. If there is restlessness, I am pleased. Then let there
be ideas, and hard thought, and hard work.”

#5 User is offline   spwdo 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-February-23, 20:04

hi,

sure you did mike, still thankfull(if you mean amoung others also me lol )for that as mentioned elsewhere on the forum also

greetings marc
spwdo

#6 User is offline   blackbikin 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2004-February-27, 05:06

hi all lovers and babes,

after a lot of effort and help,( thy marc) i entered this forum and i can write in it.....poor you, here i come in full force.

i think new td should codirect few tournaments and then ask bbase for approval as td.bbase could ask who trained the player and ask "mentor" , if player is ready to become director.

i was personally trained by borko and dittny and when i applied to become td i stated that in my application.

love to all
barbara/blackbikini

#7 User is offline   spwdo 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-February-27, 05:15

hi,

welcome on the forum barbara, glad i coud help out, was my pleasure

marc

#8 User is offline   mcmck 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-July-23, 14:57

View Postaramesh_, on 2004-February-16, 02:24, said:

good to get trained as a co-td before a solo venture as a TD

No KIDDING! I just crashed and burned and had to destroy a little 8 board turning but I set up to practice the video function! I am humbled. And admit that I sure need help. I have a limited skill set to learn, I believe, as I am inviting a bunch of friends to a casual,“nearly” all slams joyfest in a week and hope to use video functions, thus Linking connections of people I've met all over the world on bridge base. I have already saved the Precurated hands to one of my files on bridge base. I have set up a user list and told people that only those who register with me in advance will be able to play. It should be simple. AGGHHHHHH!

I'm looking for someone who will let me sit in, quiet as a mouse I believe, to watch how you do things! It would be great to have someone who has made the video function“function” in the past. Any suggestions?

#9 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-July-23, 15:19

View Postmcmck, on 2023-July-23, 14:57, said:

No KIDDING! I just crashed and burned and had to destroy a little 8 board turning but I set up to practice the video function! I am humbled. And admit that I sure need help. I have a limited skill set to learn, I believe, as I am inviting a bunch of friends to a casual,“nearly” all slams joyfest in a week and hope to use video functions, thus Linking connections of people I've met all over the world on bridge base. I have already saved the Precurated hands to one of my files on bridge base. I have set up a user list and told people that only those who register with me in advance will be able to play. It should be simple. AGGHHHHHH!

I'm looking for someone who will let me sit in, quiet as a mouse I believe, to watch how you do things! It would be great to have someone who has made the video function“function” in the past. Any suggestions?

My suggestion (to you) is to describe your problem clearly in a new thread rather than necro rather randomly from 19 years ago :)
My suggestion to BBO (as always) is to close threads after some default number of years and require agreement of a moderator to reopen.

#10 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2023-July-28, 16:50

View Postpescetom, on 2023-July-23, 15:19, said:

My suggestion to BBO (as always) is to close threads after some default number of years and require agreement of a moderator to reopen.

I just checked the configuration system, and I can't find a setting to do this. It seems like an onerous task to do by hand, I don't think the search tool has a way to find threads that have been idle for a particular amount of time. Maybe if we weren't running a 10-year-old version of the forum software it would have a way.

#11 User is online   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2023-July-29, 01:01

View Postbarmar, on 2023-July-28, 16:50, said:

Maybe if we weren't running a 10-year-old version of the forum software it would have a way.

Something for the to do list?
Non legit hoc

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users