BBO Discussion Forums: Never be intiimdated by Intermediates on BBO - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Never be intiimdated by Intermediates on BBO

#1 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-February-24, 23:24

Believe me
I appreciate the label is problematic and that it is not skill based
I just witnessed a "intermediate" let a possible slam go because they couldn't do a basic evaluation of their responding hand
- what's worse is they let the game go by
But I reckon if you sat at their table and made a mistake. Lets not go there
But apparently people like me belong in beginner class
Starting to think I nee to call myself and expert
Especially since intermediates and advanced are in the same forum :lol:
But knowing my luck I would sit down with someone who downplayed their skill level
But "that's not what defines how good you are at bridge. what would the Possum know"
Basic hand evaluation says the Possum

Back to the question that caused problems for me since I joined this site (and forums) 6 years ago
How do you find a decent level of friendly relaxed Bridge on Bridgebase

I avoid the tables that say "Experts please", even those that say "Good players only please"

What will I find on the other tables. The big unknown until you meet some truly obnoxious person

At least I would smile and say, no problem partner, until the next time with a different partner

First time in a Bridge Club 30 years ago a bunch of obnoxious bullies drove me and my partner and out and put me off clubs for life
First time hosting a table on BridgeBase 6 years ago. Same experience. Put me off sitting at a BridgeBase table for life
First time raising the issue and asking for help on the forums 6 years ago and another bunch of obnoxious types launched into me and haven't left me alone since

Trying to make the game attractive are we. I think I have identified a problem that could be addressed

This is my ad for a few other experienced competent friendly relaxed people to play occasional social Bridge

Sadly I have heard that the local friendly "Social" Bridge club has closed down. Not enough of us are there?

Where do they hide? How can I find a few? Where do I put up my notice and invitation :)

Maybe should be on General (non BBO specific) Bridge forum or a BBO Forum.
To actually be scared about visiting a club, dropping into a table, inviting someone to be partner in a tourney - sad really :(

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users