BBO Discussion Forums: Why can't I cancel a robot challenge? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why can't I cancel a robot challenge? it's a private event?

#1 User is offline   EarlPurple 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-May-12, 06:06

Firstly, when I unclicked the "best hand" option that didn't mean I wanted the worst hand. I did click matchpoints but still I wasn't enjoying playing it, and when I was dealt a 5-count, partner opened then doubled presumably to show an above-average hand, but then when I doubled their 3 Spades decided to bid 4 Hearts alone, I decided I'd had enough. I have no idea what partner had, but there's no such hand that fits the bidding. If he had a massive heart suit he should rebid it from the start, so my double has to be penalties based on maximum and defensive values for their bid, combined my with knowledge of partner's earlier double showing an above average hand.

Anyway, I don't wish to play this challenge anymore. Let me just cancel it.

By the way, I have found the bots biggest fault is also raising me unnecessarily to game when I support their suit in competing a part-score. Happened yesterday - partner made a negative double showing 4 spades and I bid 3 spades competitively and the bot partner went on to 4, which went 1-off. The other table was passed out so it was a loss on the board - yes the robots won because the robot f**ked up. Whose side is my partner on?
You can't keep a good man down

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-May-12, 06:14

Just bid 7NT and concede every trick.
It'll be over before you know it happened.
The hands don't seem to get stored.
It's just practice and nobody cares - unless you post it on the forum for all to enjoy.

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-May-13, 07:17

View PostEarlPurple, on 2022-May-12, 06:06, said:

Firstly, when I unclicked the "best hand" option that didn't mean I wanted the worst hand. I did click matchpoints but still I wasn't enjoying playing it, and when I was dealt a 5-count, partner opened then doubled presumably to show an above-average hand, but then when I doubled their 3 Spades decided to bid 4 Hearts alone, I decided I'd had enough. I have no idea what partner had, but there's no such hand that fits the bidding. If he had a massive heart suit he should rebid it from the start, so my double has to be penalties based on maximum and defensive values for their bid, combined my with knowledge of partner's earlier double showing an above average hand.

Anyway, I don't wish to play this challenge anymore. Let me just cancel it.

By the way, I have found the bots biggest fault is also raising me unnecessarily to game when I support their suit in competing a part-score. Happened yesterday - partner made a negative double showing 4 spades and I bid 3 spades competitively and the bot partner went on to 4, which went 1-off. The other table was passed out so it was a loss on the board - yes the robots won because the robot f**ked up. Whose side is my partner on?

The challenge expires and clears away after a few days, even if you do not complete it. Click on it to see when it expires.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users