BBO Discussion Forums: Disconections at the start of tourney - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disconections at the start of tourney

#1 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-December-27, 10:40

When a tournament is launched, then program ejects pairs that are unavailable.

On my case it happens regularly to some pair that connected to play, registered and then did nothing so they get ejected for inactivity or something, also to some that lose connection at worst moment.

Given that I run a private tourney where every player is "known" from a list, this is not very good for me. I often have to find out who was disconnected to try and invite them back to fill the sitouts, however not always there is a sitout, and it can be even worse if 2 pairs fall at the last moment.

So 2 things that would make my life easier:

-Notify director of pairs being ejected for being unavailable so I don't have to find them manually
-Allow an option that when checked, pairs unavalable do still create a table/position and start in red.

#2 User is online   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-December-27, 14:20

there is +allavail+ which delays the start of the tourney until all registered players are available to start.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-December-27, 15:36

View PostFluffy, on 2021-December-27, 10:40, said:

-Allow an option that when checked, pairs unavalable do still create a table/position and start in red.

I once looked into implementing this. It's complicated because the server does a number of things at tourney start that depend on player information that's only collected when they login. For instance, if the tourney has a fee, it needs to check if their BB$ balance is sufficient and deduct the fee, but the balance is only pulled in during the login processing.

It wouldn't be impossible to change how this is checked for players who are disconnected, but it makes doing this much more difficult than it might seem at first.

So at present we generally recommend using the +allavail+ option to delay the start.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users