BBO Discussion Forums: Calling a director AFTER play completed - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Calling a director AFTER play completed Has to be made obvious and easier

#1 User is offline   debgar123 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-December-20, 15:49

The yellow box telling you you have 20 minutes to contact a director may or may not appear once time has finished. It should stay up for the full 20 minutes allowing you to challenge a result. Opps were given a 6H contract when the session ended after the initial lead was made and no other cards played. Most contracts failed to make on the same lead. There was no way to challenge the result. Found out later how to go thru the complicated and not at all intuitive way to summon a director after the fact but no where is this information available. Although I sent an email to support well within the 20 minutes, and the director admitted giving opps the contract was a mistake, no relief was possible by the time she read my challenge. It should be as easy to call a director after play as it is during the game.

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-December-20, 15:56

View Postdebgar123, on 2021-December-20, 15:49, said:

The yellow box telling you you have 20 minutes to contact a director may or may not appear once time has finished. It should stay up for the full 20 minutes allowing you to challenge a result. Opps were given a 6H contract when the session ended after the initial lead was made and no other cards played. Most contracts failed to make on the same lead. There was no way to challenge the result. Found out later how to go thru the complicated and not at all intuitive way to summon a director after the fact but no where is this information available. Although I sent an email to support well within the 20 minutes, and the director admitted giving opps the contract was a mistake, no relief was possible by the time she read my challenge. It should be as easy to call a director after play as it is during the game.

You're already ahead of the tournaments I play in that you may get a yellow box and 20 minutes :blink:
Is the context ACBL virtual clubs or something equally exotic ?

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-December-21, 09:22

I've never seen that in a yellow box, either. Usually the director sends it as a chat message to everyone in the tournament. So all you have to do is click on the director's username and send them a chat.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users