BBO Discussion Forums: View of People at a Table without joining - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

View of People at a Table without joining

#1 User is offline   billyjef 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:solitude, bridge, philosophy, evolution, game theory, science, neuroscience, psychology, atheism, mindfulness and the distraction of TV

Posted 2021-October-27, 07:54

I've not been watching the forum topics for some time, and other than playing with the bots, haven't done anything else on BBO for almost two years. It used to be I could click on someone I'm following in the people's pane and there would be the option to view the table, and who was playing, without having to join the table. Is that function no longer available? TIA, Jef
Jef Pratt
Surrendering to existential truth is the beginning of enlightenment.

#2 User is offline   dsLawsd 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-October-28, 01:13

It generally works for me but a user can enter as invisible and I guess there are some table options available to the Host?

#3 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-October-28, 01:49

It still works but the asynchronous updates of these displays can be confusing especially when BBO is busy or your network connection is poor or variable.

So occasionally the display of the person will be slow and their table will not be shown immediately. Other times the person will have left the table but the display suggests that they are still there until you click on their name.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#4 User is offline   eplato 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-October-28, 06:36

When you click on someone's photo, you'll see the profile details. When you click on someone's name, you'll see the players at the table.

#5 User is offline   ThomasRush 

• PipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge (?), Toastmasters, wine, people, libertarianism, creating humor, teaching bridge

Posted 2021-October-28, 11:35

Click on the blue bar of the person's name to see their profile and who's playing at the table they are at (this works for people who are playing or kibitzing).

Click on their profile image or the "Playing Tournament" text to see their profile detail without the table info.
He who plants a tree affirms the future

#6 User is offline   billyjef 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:solitude, bridge, philosophy, evolution, game theory, science, neuroscience, psychology, atheism, mindfulness and the distraction of TV

Posted 2021-October-28, 17:00

Thank you all. I either forgot the nuance between photo and blue bar or it changed since I wanted to use the feature before. Either way, maybe others will have been as helped by your responses as I was.
Jef Pratt
Surrendering to existential truth is the beginning of enlightenment.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users