BBO Discussion Forums: changing ACBL tournament schedule(s) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

changing ACBL tournament schedule(s) where have all the 18-board games gone?

#1 User is offline   roninbc 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-August-19, 19:26

Were there not, quite recently, 18-board ACBL Pairs games (a) IMP scoring and/or (b) earlier in the day than EDT prime time?
Seems to me that there were, but the latest version of the ACBL Tournament Schedule is much more sparse in these regards than I recall.
Either that, or I'm just getting too old and my memory's gone. (Sadly, equally probable.)

Thanks in advance for any up-to-date information/confirmation/clarification someone can provide.

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-August-20, 01:21

View Postroninbc, on 2020-August-19, 19:26, said:

Were there not, quite recently, 18-board ACBL Pairs games (a) IMP scoring and/or (b) earlier in the day than EDT prime time?
Seems to me that there were, but the latest version of the ACBL Tournament Schedule is much more sparse in these regards than I recall.
Either that, or I'm just getting too old and my memory's gone. (Sadly, equally probable.)

Thanks in advance for any up-to-date information/confirmation/clarification someone can provide.

There were no IMP 18-boards at all this year. We used to have 18 board pair games in both IMPs and MPs many years ago (5 or more), but they were not popular so we stopped them. We re-introduced the 18 board MP ones this year when the much bigger number of players and the new population used to longer club games seemed to need a more varied selection of games.

This is the schedule of BBO-managed ACBL games:

https://doc.bridgeba.../schedule.shtml

In addition to this there are Virtual ACBL games, which are managed by ACBL clubs directly and award black masterpoints. For those, each club sets their own schedule, but as far as I'm aware IMP scoring is unheard of in VACB World.

#3 User is offline   roninbc 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-August-20, 07:06

Thank you for steering me to the correct schedule.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users