• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

losing connection I lose connection at least 3 times every tournament

#21 User is offline   bbutcher85 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-October-23, 22:33

We played in the 18 board match tonight #74491. Jean80301 went offline 3 times, at 9:17, 10:41, and 10:44 Eastern Standard Time. She is connected to the same 5 GHz wifi as I am. I play in a different room to avoid ethics issues. Both computers are the same distance from the router (about 20 feet). What is strange is that on my computer there is no indication she is offline, her name does not show reserved, and in the people box she shows up as playing in the tournament, but on her computer her screen reverts to the login screen with the blue Login bar and people playing bridge in the background. I suspect BBO does not show her logged off since no one at the table realizes she is offline. Frequently it takes her more than one attempt to get logged back in, causing many delays, director calls, and comments by the opponents. This happens many times each week, and has continued since we started playing in March 2020.

View Postbbutcher85, on 2021-October-23, 14:48, said:

one of my partners,
Jean80301
has the same problem. She will usually get knocked offline up to 5-10 times during an 18 board match. This has been happening for over a year and a half. Today we were reviewing our results from a game starting at 11:30 AM Eastern standard time, after the game ended. She was kicked off 6-7 times while reviewing the hands. She has a strong wifi signal with Xfinity. She was also knocked off at least 3-4 times during the game. I am playing on a computer using the same OS, same wifi, and same version of BBO (V3). I get knocked off perhaps once a month or less.
It appears if there is a delay in bidding or play of perhaps 1-2 minutes she gets knocked off.

bbutcher85

#22 User is offline   icgoddess 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2023-January-03, 12:59

BBO has started knocks me off line…..so very annoying while playing! It’s only for a split second but it takes me to the log in screen and very quickly to my table…..maybe a lapse of 2-3 seconds. How can I correct this or is this a BBO issue??

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users