Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Displaying Player Names Name instead of ? in results

#1 User is offline   Karert 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-March-26, 09:38

My name (and location) is in my profile, but whenever I get tournament results, my partner's name will typically be displayed under the "Player Names" column, but I'm just a question mark.

Why is that? Is there anything to do to correct it?

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-March-26, 14:26

View PostKarert, on 2024-March-26, 09:38, said:

My name (and location) is in my profile, but whenever I get tournament results, my partner's name will typically be displayed under the "Player Names" column, but I'm just a question mark.

Why is that? Is there anything to do to correct it?

It sounds like you are using a browser extension that overlays player names in BBO's leaderboards. I think they take the player name info from the ACBL database, so unless you have an ACBL number linked to your BBO username, your real name will not be displayed.

#3 User is offline   Karert 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-March-26, 16:16

View Postdiana_eva, on 2024-March-26, 14:26, said:

It sounds like you are using a browser extension that overlays player names in BBO's leaderboards. I think they take the player name info from the ACBL database, so unless you have an ACBL number linked to your BBO username, your real name will not be displayed.

I'm guessing that's it now, thanks Diana.

I do have an extension, but just checked the link on another browser, and of course it's just the standard BBO usernames!

Was puzzled by that, did not realise it was a browser-extension feature (I thought that thing - BBO Helper, I think it is) only added some double-dummy analysis), but as not an ACBL member, that explains it.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users