BBO Discussion Forums: Learn to play bridge - font missing in question - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Learn to play bridge - font missing in question

#1 User is offline   cvcherry 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-April-07, 23:58

There are some of my friends want to learn bridge, and I suggest them to view the software of Learn To Play Bridge.
However not everyone's English is good. I found in the software, the texts are all in the DATA file just in plain text format, so I decide to make a Chinese version myself.
The majority is ok, but I found Chinese can't be displayed in two environments: (1) The alert of bidding, (2) The exercises. The first may be not very concerned, but obviously the second one is an important problem. In those environments, if I replace the texts with Chinese, they simply display boxes. I know this is because the font don't support Chinese, but I have no idea how to solve it.

I see the text in DATA file contains many text format marks, and I am almost sure the problem has something to do with that. However I can't solve it out. I hope the authors of LTPB is still here, and I want some help here. I hope my try of making a Chinese version isn't violating the license rule (I don't think so since it's freeware).

#2 User is offline   cvcherry 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-April-08, 00:05

May I present two screenshots here.
When I replace normal texts with Chinese, it's all ok.
Posted Image
But Chinese can't display in exercises, it display blank boxes.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users