Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

why not 3S? GIBidding

#1 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-May-22, 05:11

agree i should take a better spade view but.....

vrock

#2 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-May-22, 09:30

In GIB's defense 3nt is a make if you get spades right, while 4S goes down on best defense.

On my older PC GIB, apparently with the diamond stop it wants better spades (twice rebiddable) to consider 3S. If I force it to consider 3S it still thinks 3nt does better on average.

They probably do need to tweak it so that 3S shows just 5+ spades (or at least just "rebiddable" rather than "twice rebiddable") and 10+HCP then sim on that basis. If it still thinks 3nt is best then so be it.

#3 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-May-22, 10:32

View PostStephen Tu, on 2018-May-22, 09:30, said:

In GIB's defense 3nt is a make if you get spades right, while 4S goes down on best defense.

On my older PC GIB, apparently with the diamond stop it wants better spades (twice rebiddable) to consider 3S. If I force it to consider 3S it still thinks 3nt does better on average.

They probably do need to tweak it so that 3S shows just 5+ spades (or at least just "rebiddable" rather than "twice rebiddable") and 10+HCP then sim on that basis. If it still thinks 3nt is best then so be it.

your defense of GIBBO accepted Sir Tu! I was just pissed off since I ended up taking, perhaps, the wrong view in spades.

Apologies, only this time, to the creators, maintainers and upgraders of GIBBO.

vrock

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users