• You cannot reply to this topic

got this one badly wrong

#1 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2015-May-28, 19:27

GIB tournament, i.e., everyone is known to have at most 18 points (shocking, I know!). Pass would not be forcing.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#2 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-28, 20:15

I'd dbl at the table.

With GIB it may be better to just bid 3 NT and go with the field. It is very rare that GIB goes down in doubled contracts. Let alone going down 3.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#3 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-29, 02:11

gwnn, on 2015-May-28, 19:27, said:

GIB tournament, i.e., everyone is known to have at most 18 points (shocking, I know!). Pass would not be forcing.

I seem to remember bidding 6D, which of course I would not in real life.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#4 User is offline   KurtGodel 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-May-29, 04:04

I would just bid 3, if partner has Qx I expect them to bid 3NT now. If they don't then there is a good chance of their having a stiff and 3 will help P on the way to 6. Although I must say playing with GIB I would just do what Gordon did and bid slam. Grand could easily be making opposite AQx x AKxxx xxxx, perfect hand I admit, but not very many points. Now that we have bid spades, p will know Q is a huge card.

#5 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-May-29, 05:03

KurtGodel, on 2015-May-29, 04:04, said:

Grand could easily be making opposite AQx x AKxxx xxxx, perfect hand I admit, but not very many points.

Yes but isn't it worying that p didn't splinter? He might have xx of hearts, but OK then maybe the heart loser can be parked on the spades.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#6 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2015-May-29, 08:10

KurtGodel, on 2015-May-29, 04:04, said:

I would just bid 3, if partner has Qx I expect them to bid 3NT now. If they don't then there is a good chance of their having a stiff and 3 will help P on the way to 6. Although I must say playing with GIB I would just do what Gordon did and bid slam. Grand could easily be making opposite AQx x AKxxx xxxx, perfect hand I admit, but not very many points. Now that we have bid spades, p will know Q is a huge card.

Agree with 3S but when partner has 2 hearts he won't have four spades and we should be able to shed one on the long spade.

Decent minimums give us a good play for 6D: Qxx xx AKxxx xxx.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users