Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Adjusting the Bid

#1 User is offline   Chris3875 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-March-19, 16:03

There are 2 parts to my query. A director from a neighbouring club was telling me of an incident she had the previous day. E/W were bidding diamonds - North had opened 1C, South bid 2S and North bid 4C to which his partner replied 4D. West asked whether the 4C was Gerber and South said Yes. North immediately said NO and after West passed, North bid 5C and the director was then called. I asked the director what she had done and she told me that she "made" South play the contract in 4D which only made four tricks. My opinion was that you cannot "make" them play the contract in anything other than what they end up bidding, but that you can subsequently adjust the score. That is part one of my question. The second part (and without benefit of the hand or actual bidding sequence) would be that the adjusted score may have ended up being 6C (maybe doubled) by North making whatever - it seems to me that North bidding 5C would have been seen as a King ask by South and North would have had nowhere to go except 6C. On that particular hand, most N/S were in clubs making either 8 or 9 tricks and 5D made for E/W.
Australia

#2 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-March-19, 17:11

I agree with you on both points.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic