BBO Discussion Forums: Full Disclosure Convention Card - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

Full Disclosure Convention Card What are the rules for who sees what?

#1 User is offline   Wayne_LV 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker

Posted 2013-March-20, 12:00

My partner and I play weak NT (12-14) necessitating frequent alerts and explanations of 1NT openers and 1N and 2NT rebids.

The frequent alerts and repetitive explanations of bids creates a serious distraction and has on more than one occasion caused a bidding error.

In order to eliminate most of the typing required to explain alerted bids, I created a FD convention card (using bitedit) and defined only those bids requiring alerts.

I use the web version of BBO and my partner uses the window version of BBO.

If I use the windows version, I see all alerts and explanations.

In the web version I only see alert and explanation for some bids and not for others. I have not yet deciphered the pattern.

Can someone tell me what are the software "rules" for when a player sees the FD alert and explanation and when they don't in the windows version?

Are these rules the same for partners and opponents?

Are the alerts shown in the same manner if both players are using the same version as if the are using different versions of BBO?

#2 User is offline   PhilKing 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-March-21, 05:17

When you enter the explanantion in bidedit, do you always tick the "artificial" box?

#3 User is offline   Wayne_LV 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker

Posted 2013-March-24, 16:20

View PostPhilKing, on 2013-March-21, 05:17, said:

When you enter the explanantion in bidedit, do you always tick the "artificial" box?

No, only if the bid is really artificial.

#4 User is offline   Bussy 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Piano, Tennis, Jogging

Posted 2013-June-10, 06:12

Hey there, (I am a little late) :)

over two years ago I have created a Full Disclosure CoCa for our Precision System.
A lack of fun has stopped me to finish it -> A great many of asking bids and asking bid responses over 1 :lol:

I have read a few posts about "Full Disclosure" here and have following question:

Will there be a "Full Disclosure" tool for our beloved BBO webversion, too?

To your question:

I strongly believe it is just a software-problem (= Bugs) between both BBO versions. There are no specific rules.
We often played with Full Disclosure and opponents were complaining frequently, that they did not see any alert.
A few weeks ago I have played a "normal" tourney with a robot and some opps were complaining too -> "2 over 1NT was not alerted"
I think it's remarkable that these opps were using the old BBO version (win program). (I have asked them)

Sometimes it seemed that our Full Disclosure CoCa has not worked. (We did not see any alert too, we both used web version)
Our non-proved hypothesis was: To many people online! :D

I am using the webversion since I have started to play Bridge and the old version just for creating a FD CoCa.

lg bussy
Love values its object, hate devalues it. Love exudes an inner worth, hate exudes worthlessness. Love inspires, hate dehumanizes.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users