BBO Discussion Forums: A psyche after partner has been silenced - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A psyche after partner has been silenced clarification

#21 User is offline   ArtK78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, participatory and spectator sports.
    Occupation - Tax Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ.

Posted 2013-November-18, 12:41

This is not exactly on point, but it is pretty funny (and sad at the same time).

I was playing in a STAC in a local club this past Thursday evening. My partner and I had an auction that went something like:

1 - 1 - 2NT - 4NT - 6NT.

After the end of the auction, one of my opponents asked if 4NT asked for aces. I resisted the temptation to state that the 6NT response showed 12 aces and 3 useful voids.

#22 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-November-18, 14:49

Art: there are so many people for whom at least one of the pair *did* think it was asking for Aces that it's not a bad idea to check - at least when those opponents bid that way :-).

I had an auction that went 1NT-2!-3!-4-...
2 was asked and explained as "range ask"
3 was asked and explained as "maximum"
4 was asked and explained as "I have no clue". The asker then said "I know what it is - it's Gerber", to which partner said "I know one thing - it's not Gerber."
The auction continued: 4-6. At the end of the auction I volunteered that 4 was "keycard for Clubs", to which 4 was "one-or-four, but of course, you know already she didn't remember." "So it was Gerber!" "No..."
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users