BBO Discussion Forums: How can you show your interest in slam? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How can you show your interest in slam? Or maybe you're not that interested...

#1 User is offline   Hanoi5 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Video Games, Languages, Travelling.

Posted 2013-October-25, 20:35

Teams, Semifinal:

View Postwyman, on 2012-May-04, 09:48, said:

Also, he rates to not have a heart void when he leads the 3.

View Postrbforster, on 2012-May-20, 21:04, said:

Besides playing for fun, most people also like to play bridge to win

My YouTube Channel

#2 User is offline   hautbois 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-October-25, 22:42

If I'm interested in slam, I bid something other than 4 the previous round, probably 3. What are my agreements about 3 in this auction?

#3 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-26, 02:41

He is right, if you are interested in slam, you do not step your foot on the game previously. Now whatever you bid will be something like lead directing or w/e. It will not mean "hey i was sleeping previous round, now i woke up, lets go "
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#4 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-26, 06:53

I expect almost universal agreement that it is the 4 call that produced the problem. At my second turn, over the X of 2, it is reasonable to expect the opponents to go on to 4. I am not so sure about a slam, but I want to help partner decide. As it went, over 4 partner passed but he has little to go on. I think, maybe, 3 is better than 3 even though I usually attend to Reese's advice "Bridge is easier of players bid what they have instead of what they do not have". If instead I bid 3 partner will take this as clubs, but he may think I am showing clubs as a game try. With 3 game is a settled matter and now, when the opponents bid 4, he can bid 5 to play, he can bid 5 with a stronger hand (and a diamond control), he can pass with nothing to say. and so on.

At any rate, having bid 4, I agree with the above comments. There is not slam try available.
Ken

#5 User is offline   ggwhiz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-October-26, 09:15

More agreement here and as agreed in my partnership 3 on the previous round is a help suit game try, at least treated that way by responder.

After 4 I would pass a double by pard, bid 5 if they passed and optimistically raise to slam over a 5 bid.
When a deaf person goes to court is it still called a hearing?
What is baby oil made of?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users