Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bidding after 1C

#1 User is offline   UdcaDenny 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-August-19, 03:00

I played an individual tour with unknown partner. He opened 1C and I bid 1D with 17p and no 4card major and he passed. I was unpassed but he said that I limited my hand 6-9p. He showed me this link about saycbidding http://bridge.jtang.org/sayc.html there it says 1D over 1C shows 6-12p with 5+D. I never heard of this. Are there different Sayc systems around? In my world new suit by responder is always forcing.

#2 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-August-19, 05:20

This is nothing like SAYC even to my untrained eye, he says it's creating something precision like, I don't know why he uses SAYC in his description.

#3 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-August-20, 07:22

It is creating something bad. I wonder if Denny and mr1303 can get together to find out where this misinformation is coming from. And no, SAYC is a single system, details of which are available, inter alia, here. There are a few choices you are allowed to make (carding and defences to conventions from memory) but generally SAYC means precisely what is written and here and no modifications. On BBO, when someone writes SAYC in their profile, what they actually mean is usually "my version of Standard American". But I would not even like to describe what is written in the OP link as SA, let alone SAYC.
(-: Zel :-)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users