Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3-way knockout

#1 User is offline   CSGibson 

• Tubthumper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, pool, financial crime. New experiences, new people.

Posted 2013-April-23, 11:15

Hi,

My district is doing its GNT's online, but we are running into a problem because the BBO software does not appear to support running a round robin/3-way knockout with an odd number of teams. I have suggested for the 3-way knockouts that 3 distinct tables be created and boards manually uploaded, then, after 1 round, 3 new tables be created and the boards uploaded in a manner to simulate a 3-way knockout.

I have a few questions, however:

1) is it true that the software does not currently support teams games/events with an odd number of teams?

2) is my proposed solution viable via the software for a 3 team "tournament" (and I recognize that the software may not support the creation of an actual tournament, but at least can 3 tables be created and then manipulated in the manner described)?

3) Are there any better solutions for handling a 3 team tournament?

4) Any suggestions for holding a 5-team (edit, round robin)? Currently my thoughts are to have a 6-team round robin with a bye, but obviously it would be much better for all of the teams to be playing at the same time, the same as would be possible with an offline movement.
Chris Gibson

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users