BBO Discussion Forums: BBO Mobile App Version 3.60 Comments Thread - BBO Discussion Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO Mobile App Version 3.60 Comments Thread Please post feedback here

#21 User is offline   akhare 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-May-01, 17:33

Are there any plans of porting this to Win8? The web client is barely playable with a touch screen and no mouse / keyboard..
foobar on BBO

#22 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-May-01, 17:54

We currently have no such plans, but that could change at any time. The more popular Windows 8 becomes as an operating system for mobile devices, the more likely it becomes that we will try to provide a better Windows 8 solution for BBO users.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#23 User is offline   stampdxer 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-May-12, 11:33

wonder if persistence could be added to the mobile app.

i.e. once logged in.. and app times out.. if restarted automatically log back in.. bypass user name password step.

thanks

doug didier

#24 User is offline   stampdxer 

• Pip

Posted 2013-May-13, 16:10

hi

watch bridge on iPhone.. airplay to home theater.

comments box bottom lines hidden under icons.

except if vugraph match with voice annotation..

screenshot one example of problem.. https://www.dropbox....ud/IMG_8769.jpg

snap two photo of a match with voice.. https://www.dropbox....0rgn/photo2.JPG

problem only on iphone .. iPad real estate layout ok..

doug didier

#25 User is offline   stampdxer 

• Pip

Posted 2013-May-13, 16:22

hi

icons on iphone are real too small . work well on iPad..

#26 User is offline   stampdxer 

• Pip

Posted 2013-May-13, 16:23

hi

would like capability to copy text in dialog box.. useful to google bridge terms.. and to use google translate .. etc

#27 User is offline   mink 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-May-17, 16:18

When I recently played a tourney, what I missed most were my comments below my partners profile. I solved this by switching to the Ubuntu machine after the first round, and learnt that I should have played o/e discards. I could have asked my partner, of course, but that would have shown that I did not learn our agreements by heart.

Karl

#28 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-May-17, 20:15

So you're complaining that the mobile app doesn't let you violate the law against memory aids, like the regular app does?

#29 User is offline   mink 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-May-18, 10:36

I do not really need my notes under my partner's profile during the tourney, but rather I need them before the tourney. With this particular player I had just written down "o/e discards", and I am perfectly able to remember this during the tourney if it was possible for me to read this before the tourney.

On the other hand, if BBO thinks that the notes are evil, maybe they should not be accessible by any client during the play of a tourney or team match. But I think that makes not much sense, because they can easily be transferred to some other window before the tourney via copy/paste.

Karl

#30 User is offline   mink 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-May-18, 10:52

Some minutes ago I have finished an Express tourney. I had been dummy in board 4. When board 5 was displayed, I was dealer and the bidding box appeared, but there was no sound at this moment. But when it was my turn to call the second time, the sound was there, as it had been in the other boards. I think the most critical moment when I need a sound on a mobile device is when a new board is displayed, as it is desirable to switch off the screen in order to save energy in the break between the rounds. Fortunately I had not switched off the display this time.

Again my partner won the auction of board 5. I saw the 3 pass calls, but nothing happened. I tried to test the chat after a while, but no chat window appeared. Some time later an Android message informed me that the app was not responding. I chose to kill the app and started it again. Fortunately I was back before board 6 had started, so that I was able to finish the tourney.

My device is a Samsung Galaxy S running under Anroid 2.3. BBO App is version 3.60.

Karl

#31 User is offline   mink 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-May-31, 16:00

Again, the app was not responding. It happened when a tourney was about to finish for me. I was dummy and my partner had claimed. I invoked chat in order to thank partner. While typing, the message that the claim had been accepted was displayed, and I could not do anything but select to abort the app when Andriod sugested this to me after some time.

Karl

#32 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-June-08, 02:19

I can't work out how to register as a substitute in a tourney
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#33 User is offline   moogal 

• PipPip

Posted 2013-June-10, 08:04

When watching in wide mode where the comments stream across the top....the suit symbols do not translate from the !H for example.

I have a screen shot but can't figure out how to post it here.

Janice

#34 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-June-10, 08:26

View Post1eyedjack, on 2013-June-08, 02:19, said:

I can't work out how to register as a substitute in a tourney

There is currently no way to do this. Probably we include the ability to substitute in a future version, but we currently have no plans to do so.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#35 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-June-10, 08:27

View Postmoogal, on 2013-June-10, 08:04, said:

When watching in wide mode where the comments stream across the top....the suit symbols do not translate from the !H for example.

I have a screen shot but can't figure out how to post it here.

Janice

If you can e-mail your screenshot to fred@bridgebase.com, that would be appreciated.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#36 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2013-June-11, 23:52

I know that the score box on the table screen is not particularly useful, but if it is going to display two scores I would rather it showed one figure for the score achieved on the last played hand, NS +, and one score for the session running score to date (NS +).

Even I am capable of multiplying a number by -1 in my head without that calc being presented to me on the screen as at present, ie

NS +1.2
EW -1.2

Given how jealous we all are about screen real estate on a mobile device it seems anacronystic to take the luxury of the current display format, and if we are going to display two numbers I would rather it showed

NS +1.2
(NS -24.3)

ie as we have with the windows client (but without the EW scores also presented).

If anything, it is (fractionally) harder (than multiplying by -1) to remember whether you are sitting NS or EW, so perhaps US and OP would be better labels?

Just a personal view this, I know, and I don't expect unanimous agreement.

LATE EDIT:
Just thought of what would (in my view) be an improvement to all of the above:
Line 1 shows the score on last completed hand (N/S positive, or Our side positive if seated - I am flexible - presumably NS positive displayed to kibbers)
Line 2 shows the number of comparisons to date (giving it a brief label may not be trivial)
eg:

NS +1.2
# 11/16
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,

#37 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-June-12, 08:34

I've thought the same thing for a long time about the regular BBO client. Especially at matchpoints, I don't need to see both NS 73.6% and EW 25.4% -- I can subtract from 100 myself.

#38 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2013-June-22, 14:37

I seem to be on version 3.63 now (Android). (EDIT - 3.64). Judging by last time I assume that we are awaiting the iOS version to sync up before we get an announcement.
Sill have to use a third party app killer to close the app on exit by the way.
Anyway, I have just noticed an issue (will not be new to this release):

When playing a team game, if my table finishes first I should like to be auto-transported to kibitzer mode at the other table. Or at least be prompted to do so. As it is it is the very devil to find it.

Often, but by no means always, there is some visible chat in the chat area from the other table, in which case the desired effect can be achieved by clicking on the relevant chat sender and joining their table. As the chat scroll function is disabled for now in android this augments the benefits of the suggestion (I think)

#39 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-June-22, 22:20

The iOS version seems to be 3.64.

#40 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2013-June-23, 00:07

My bad. 3.64 it is for Android also. FMP

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users