BBO Discussion Forums: Old number, new way - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Old number, new way

#1 User is offline   ArtK78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, participatory and spectator sports.
    Occupation - Tax Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ.

Posted 2012-December-28, 09:11

Playing in a one-session swiss team event last night at a local sectional, I obtained a common score in a new way (at least for me).

I picked up:

KJ9x
Kx
Kx
JT8xx

At equal nonvul in 1st seat, I opened a 10-12 1NT. Our opps had discussed prior to the round that they were going to play DONT over our weak NT (a pretty peculiar decision if you ask me, as DONT was specifically designed to be used against strong NTs). After two passes, RHO doubled. LHO passed out the double and we arrived at 1NTx.

A low heart was led, and this dummy hit:

8xx
Axxx
Qxx
KQx

I have certainly seen worse dummies. I won the opening lead in dummy (RHO playing the 10) and led the K, won by LHO. LHO played another heart (RHO playing the Q) and I won and ran the clubs, LHO showing out on the second round. On the clubs, LHO threw 2 diamonds and 2 spades, and RHO threw a diamond on the last club. I played the K fetching the J from LHO, RHO winning the A. RHO made the mistake of cashing the A (LHO following with the 10) and playing another spade. Naturally I won with the K to make the contract, and LHO followed with the Q. All my spades were good. Making 3 overtricks.

+480 the hard way.

#2 User is offline   Lord Molyb 

• Slightly less bad player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge

Posted 2012-December-28, 16:04

Reminds me of when my opponents got 400 by setting us 8 undoubled, nonvulnerable tricks. :D
Become yourself.

#3 User is offline   lalldonn 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-December-28, 16:44

Playing money bridge on BBO recently my gib partner opened 2 both vul, the human RHO overcalled 2NT, I passed with Ax xx QJxxxx Axx and it went all pass. I led a diamond to partner's AKx, and when he switched to a spade declarer foolishly misguessed with his KJ. +800, the only time I'll probably ever get it against 2NT undoubled.
"What's the big rebid problem? After 1♦ - 1♠, I can rebid 1NT, 2♠, or 2♦."
- billw55

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users