• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Thought it was played

#21 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-November-07, 12:52

Well, no matter how many times I reminded myself between hands that I wanted to monitor this, it slipped my mind while actually playing. Nothing struck me as being weird, though -- I think most are similar to me, simply sliding the card backwards towards themselves to play it. In the round where we played against the college student who pushes his dummy cards forward, he was a defender on one board and declarer on the other, so his weird style of dummy play didn't come up.

#22 User is offline   bluejak 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge Laws, Cats, Railways, Transport timetables

Posted 2012-November-09, 07:55

Depends on how the hold their cards, of course. If it is close enough ot the table to be clearly visible to everyone, no problem.

Unlike pran, I am less interested in theory and more interested in obnoxiousness. Some players do things that continuously annoy: most players do some things that are illegal. The latter group - to which I belong, naturally - do not worry me.

But holding a card above the table makes it partly visible. pran said they did it because the table was too small to put it down. That seems less than credible. Now he is changing it to a different scenario: holding it basically touching the table: that is not invisible.

Every time you change the scenario, the answer is likely to change.
David Stevenson

Merseyside England UK
EBL TD
Currently at home
Visiting IBLF from time to time
<webjak666@gmail.com>

#23 User is offline   pran 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-November-09, 09:49

View Postbluejak, on 2012-November-09, 07:55, said:

Depends on how the hold their cards, of course. If it is close enough ot the table to be clearly visible to everyone, no problem.

Unlike pran, I am less interested in theory and more interested in obnoxiousness. Some players do things that continuously annoy: most players do some things that are illegal. The latter group - to which I belong, naturally - do not worry me.

But holding a card above the table makes it partly visible. pran said they did it because the table was too small to put it down. That seems less than credible. Now he is changing it to a different scenario: holding it basically touching the table: that is not invisible.

Every time you change the scenario, the answer is likely to change.

I cannot remember ever having indicated that the player held his card high up in the air? (more than 2 cm above the table surface.)

Your statement indicated to me that you are annoyed by any player holding his card above the table instead of leaving it down on the table regardless of how high above the table the card was held.

So who is changing the scenario?

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users