BBO Discussion Forums: Problems with Board Completion Rate - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problems with Board Completion Rate

#1 User is offline   E Laurvick 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-September-20, 21:30

I was told by another player that we can be barred if our board completion rate is too low, but I can't find any reference to it anywhere. Is that true?

Several times recently I've been stuck at a table where one player failed to respond at all. Another couple of times someone lost connectivity, their seat was reserved, but they never returned. It seems the host can't boot them in that case.

I had been giving up and leaving after waiting at least five minutes, but now my board completion rate has dropped from 100% to 99%. What am I supposed to do? My solution now is to apologize to my partner and walk away from the computer, not leaving the table. Eventually someone will boot me. That hardly seems fair either. Any suggestions?

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-September-20, 21:39

View PostE Laurvick, on 2012-September-20, 21:30, said:

I was told by another player that we can be barred if our board completion rate is too low, but I can't find any reference to it anywhere. Is that true?

Players who create tables in the MBC can chose to include a minimum board completion rate as a prerequisite for joining their table. If you are at 99%, or anything even close to that, you will meet everyone's requirements, so you should not go to strange lengths to try to manipulate your percentage.

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-September-20, 23:26

View PostE Laurvick, on 2012-September-20, 21:30, said:

As Bbradley explained, when you open a table, you can choose to allow only players with a completion rate higher than whatever percentage you choose (at most equal to your own completion rate; so if your completion rate is 80% you cannot open a table with 90% completion rate limit, but you can choose to allow only people who have minimum 80% completion rate to join). Players cannot be barred from BBO for low completion rate, but they can be blocked from joining tables that use such a restriction. In your case though there's no need to worry, because your completion rate is high.

Several times recently I've been stuck at a table where one player failed to respond at all. Another couple of times someone lost connectivity, their seat was reserved, but they never returned. It seems the host can't boot them in that case.

When the seat is reserved, the host must clear reservation to free the seat. To do that he can open the table settings and delete the name of the player from the corresponding seat.

I had been giving up and leaving after waiting at least five minutes, but now my board completion rate has dropped from 100% to 99%. What am I supposed to do? My solution now is to apologize to my partner and walk away from the computer, not leaving the table. Eventually someone will boot me. That hardly seems fair either. Any suggestions?

I think if you remain BBO but not playing instead of logging off you upset more people than by leaving when the table is stuck. You will still be removed in the middle of the hand (by the host, by a yellow, or by the software when the table closes), and this still affects your completion rate. The hand will not play itself out without you anyway so you do not achieve anything by leaving the computer instead of leaving the table. You can call a yellow to help you unblock the table when something like this happens.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users