Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Strange things are happening

#1 User is offline   BCTR 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-September-19, 22:03

Last few days hand results are coming very strange in one of the tournament ops played 4and went down -1 but the score count +100 to the declerers team??????? (i have printscreen)
Today in 8789 ind. B 9 there were 3 tables and all played 4and made + 1 so the expectation is 0.0 imp but very strangly i see - 4.0 imp in my side??????? how shall we trust this automatic calculation very frustrating
even if this is corrected or explained i will certainly consider to play paid tournaments. Anyone who can tell something logical for this case?

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-September-19, 22:10

View PostBCTR, on 2012-September-19, 22:03, said:

Today in 8789 ind. B 9 there were 3 tables and all played 4and made + 1 so the expectation is 0.0 imp but very strangly i see - 4.0 imp in my side???????

It appears that one EW pair played the hand in 5 doubled, so you lost IMPs to the NS pair at that table... http://online.bridge...1&username=bctr

#3 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2012-September-19, 22:16

View PostBCTR, on 2012-September-19, 22:03, said:

Last few days hand results are coming very strange in one of the tournament ops played 4and went down -1 but the score count +100 to the declerers team??????? (i have printscreen)

Given the accuracy of your reporting of the second hand, I think we'd need to know more about exactly when you played the first hand to confirm the details.

#4 User is offline   BCTR 

• PipPip

Posted 2012-September-19, 22:23

Y now it shows 5!d x-3 but howcome after half an hour and how it was 4!sp+1 in the beginning a non played or bid hand was written as final score:):):(:(

#5 User is offline   BCTR 

• PipPip

Posted 2012-September-19, 22:32

for the other case i have printscreen and can send to any mail address the tourn number is 654 and its B8 also results are messed up because same hands played N-S in some tables and E-W in some tables:(

#6 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2012-September-19, 22:46

The second hand was played in a BBOland tournament. http://webutil.bridg...8789-1348107000
I don't know whether those tournaments have directors who can adjust scores after the end of play.

#7 User is offline   BCTR 

• PipPip

Posted 2012-September-19, 22:54

i do not have printscreen of 8789 traveller but you can read same question asked to the TD in printscreen of hand movie because i was checking the traveller at that moment 1 min later TD left the system. İf i dont see all 3 tables 4 +1 why did i asked the question than????

#8 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2012-September-19, 23:13

View PostBCTR, on 2012-September-19, 22:32, said:

for the other case i have printscreen and can send to any mail address the tourn number is 654 and its B8 also results are messed up because same hands played N-S in some tables and E-W in some tables:(

Tournament directors can "adjust" the score. They are human. Sometimes they make mistake... the board in question is this one....

board 8, event 6546

You played this hand ON DEFESNE as north south. You only played six tricks before time was up. The director saw that 4S was going to be down one and entered the score. Unfortunately for you, the soore was entered as 4S by NORTH down one instead of 4S by east down one. You got an alert from the software telling you the score on board 8 had been corrected. You could have, and should have, checked to see if the director "got it right." This is not a software problem per se, it is a manual human error by the director, and by you and your parnter, for not noticing the mistake that was made when the software alerted you.
--Ben--

#9 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2012-September-19, 23:16

Tournament 654, Board 8: http://online.bridge...3&username=bctr
It certainly does appear that one line on this traveller is messed up. Actually, it appears to me that you joined this tournament on Board 8 and ran out of time on that one hand, so the tournament director attempted to provide an assigned score and messed it up. Is this consistent with events at the table?

Ah... crossed messages with Ben...

BCTR: If you're going to ask people to help with your problems, it would be nice to provide accurate information the first time, so they don't have to go figuring all this out from scratch...

#10 User is offline   BCTR 

• PipPip

Posted 2012-September-20, 02:13

Ok thank you very much for your effort to figure out what happened, sorry for having not enough info about the case, i only have printscreen of 654 so i can neither put it here as you know, and because its few days old nor reach the original traveller (maybe as managers you can)
i have no objection for human mistake,sometimes all of us make hundreds of them in a second, the reason i bring the case here is at the end all 3 tables were 4+1 in traveller. Thats why i wondered why i got -4.0 because traveller was saying all 3= 450 and all 3 = 0.0. İf one of them was ave or something N/A i would not ask this question, more strange is one of the score changed to 5x 3 :blink: :huh: after 5-6 minutes!
probably i have better to change my eyes rather than replacing my glasses :blink:

#11 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-September-20, 08:35

View PostBCTR, on 2012-September-20, 02:13, said:

Ok thank you very much for your effort to figure out what happened, sorry for having not enough info about the case, i only have printscreen of 654 so i can neither put it here as you know, and because its few days old nor reach the original traveller (maybe as managers you can)

BBradley62 is just an ordinary player like you, he doesn't have any special privileges. You can look up old hands at Myhands just like he did.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users