• You cannot reply to this topic

Multi rightsided this slam.

#1 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2012-September-13, 12:33

queen of clubs led. matchpoints but could we focus on making the hand (not how many people are in 6NT)?
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#2 User is offline   billw55 

• enigmatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-September-13, 12:55

Hmm, who should I play for K?

I'll draw trump and strip clubs. If this proves west to be short in spades, then A and low toward Q. If not, AQ pitching 8, and let the spade return ride.
Life is long and beautiful, if bad things happen, good things will follow.
-gwnn

#3 User is offline   kenrexford 

• Brain Farts and Actual Farts Increasing with Age
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:www.limadbc.blogspot.com editor/contributor

Posted 2012-September-13, 13:23

View Postbillw55, on 2012-September-13, 12:55, said:

Hmm, who should I play for K?

I'll draw trump and strip clubs. If this proves west to be short in spades, then A and low toward Q. If not, AQ pitching 8, and let the spade return ride.

This gets really complicated, depending on what happens. I cannot imagine that the diamond split information is giving away anything, and I doubt that what folks would play to the first three rounds of clubs gives away the story either. Care to share those two tidbits?
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."

-P.J. Painter.

#4 User is offline   billw55 

• enigmatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-September-13, 14:20

View Postkenrexford, on 2012-September-13, 13:23, said:

This gets really complicated, depending on what happens. I cannot imagine that the diamond split information is giving away anything, and I doubt that what folks would play to the first three rounds of clubs gives away the story either. Care to share those two tidbits?

With seven hearts probable, west is very likely to have shortness somewhere. Maybe he has a stiff club, or four clubs, or void diamonds, or both diamonds. You never know, I might learn something. Maybe not, but no harm trying.

Unless of course, there is some other tactic that I am overlooking.
Life is long and beautiful, if bad things happen, good things will follow.
-gwnn

#5 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2012-September-13, 15:27

View Postkenrexford, on 2012-September-13, 13:23, said:

Yes, diamonds are 1-1 and it turns out that LHO led from Qx of clubs. Opps are slightly unpredictable.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#6 User is offline   kayin801 

• Modern Day Trebuchet Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-September-13, 21:10

I'm playing E for the spade K so I'd just draw a round of trumps with the J and lead a low spade to the Q, leaving clubs alone for a sec. Even if we lose we still have whatever squeeze chances arise in the end depending on what they return at trick 4.

Explaining why I'm playing E for the spade K is hard :P so now I'm trying to convince myself to play W for it. Not having too impure a hand for a preempt over a possible preempt is what made me not give W too much outside the heart suit initially.
I once yelled at my partner for discarding the 'wrong' card when he was subjected to a squeeze that I allowed by giving the wrong count with too high a card. Now he's allowed to pitch aces when the opponents have the king in the dummy. At trick 2. When he could have followed suit. And blame me.

East4Evil sohcahtoa 4ever!!!!!1

#7 User is offline   SteveMoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Family, Travel, Bridge Tournaments and Writing. Youth Bridge

Posted 2012-September-13, 22:14

Why not draw trumps A then strip both {clubs]s and s, then lead low toward dummy, playing 8 if LHO holds off? All K onside chances are preserved and we pick up KJ offside and any time LHO pops with the J from any length.
Be the partner you want to play with.
Trust demands integrity, balance and collaboration.
District 11
Unit 124
Steve Moese

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users