• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lee's Bell Vireo

#1 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2012-May-02, 08:43

In the 4th segment yesterday, the Lee team had a nice surge. Here's a board that could have helped even more:

I'm guessing 3 was a minimum, 3 was an inquiry and 3 showed low shortness. 3 was probably non-serious.

Spots are approximate.

A low club is led to the K and A and a club is returned.

How do you play this?
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#2 User is offline   billw55 

• enigmatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-02, 10:04

Well I am no expert and certainly cannot improve on whatever was chosen at the table. Nevertheless, I like posting my thoughts on play problems, hope you don't mind me mucking up your thread ;)

I will pitch a spade on the second club, draw trumps ending in hand, and play a spade to the king. If this holds I return to hand with a trump and do it again. If righty has the ace, he can only exit safely in spades. Perhaps he will be stuck winning the third round as well, and be truly endplayed; if not, the diamond hook is my last chance.

I suppose there must be more to it, to be posted here, but so far I don't see it.

edit: hmm, I already see some problems with that. A diamond exit is actually safe. I can fix that by pitching a diamond on the second club, but then he can play a fourth round spades safely .. if he has a fourth. Maybe that is better.
Life is long and beautiful, if bad things happen, good things will follow.
-gwnn

#3 User is offline   awm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-02, 10:26

It's easy to play for one of two finesses. There doesn't seem a 100% line, but we can pick up doubleton ace-ten or ace-jack offside with the diamond king by sluffing a diamond, pulling trump, and leading a spade up. If rho wins ace he must continue spades; we duck a spade honor to endplay him. If spade wins we can return to hand with trump and lead another.
Adam W. Meyerson
a.k.a. Appeal Without Merit

#4 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-03, 00:10

Pitch , 2 rounds of , play to dummy, if wins repeat it, hoping A was on OR RHO had AJx and made a smart duck :P

if loses hope that RHO has AH

If RHO has AJT we need to win 2nd and exit with spade but thats less % than AT or AJ doubleton imo.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#5 User is offline   rogerclee 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-03, 00:27

Thanks Phil. Yeah, I misplayed this hand :(

#6 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2012-May-03, 03:07

View Postrogerclee, on 2012-May-03, 00:27, said:

Thanks Phil. Yeah, I misplayed this hand :(

I hope you didn't think for a moment I'm singling you out.

I thought this was one of those "can we possibly make if both key honors are off" hands and had a strong instructional element, which is why I posted. Yes, RHO has AJ dub and he's stuck under Timo's line although you have to choose between AJ and AJT. The presence of the 9 in hand makes this a true RC situation I think.

You and Nik have been stellar - keep it up. Very fun to watch!

Go LEE!

(and Milner too).
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#7 User is offline   rogerclee 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-03, 07:09

View PostPhil, on 2012-May-03, 03:07, said:

I hope you didn't think for a moment I'm singling you out.

I thought this was one of those "can we possibly make if both key honors are off" hands and had a strong instructional element, which is why I posted. Yes, RHO has AJ dub and he's stuck under Timo's line although you have to choose between AJ and AJT. The presence of the 9 in hand makes this a true RC situation I think.

You and Nik have been stellar - keep it up. Very fun to watch!

Go LEE!

(and Milner too).

No, I was joking haha. It's a good hand and not really hard, but the reality is that playing 4-handed in a long/tough team match, you will always make a few mistakes that you shouldn't make. If this is the worst thing I do all week, that's okay with me.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users