BBO Discussion Forums: Team Matches.. - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Team Matches.. Interested...but lacking partners?

#1 User is offline   RunemPard 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge...some other things too I suppose.

Posted 2012-February-13, 17:53

Does anybody know of any groups on BBO that often play team matches? I would love to play in them, but lack partners on the site to play them with. If anyone can lead me into a group I would greatly appreciate it. Most of the time there are no pending team matches to join and it seems most of them are played by groups who know each other.
The American Swede of BBF...I eat my meatballs with blueberries, okay?
Junior - Always looking for new partners to improve my play with..I have my fair share of brilliancy and blunders.

"Did your mother really marry a Mr Head and name her son Richard?" - jillybean

#2 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2012-February-13, 19:09

The kind of team matches I play in generally happen because there is one table playing, and another pair wants to play so they ask the table which is already in play whether they would be up for a team match and then run around looking for teammates, or something like that. So you need to start out by getting to know people willing to fill a single table with you.

BTW my gut feeling is that the majority of team matches are still randomly organised via Windows client lobby chat, but I really couldn't care less about those.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#3 User is offline   HighLow21 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-February-13, 23:01

mgoetze, on 2012-February-13, 19:09, said:

The kind of team matches I play in generally happen because there is one table playing, and another pair wants to play so they ask the table which is already in play whether they would be up for a team match and then run around looking for teammates, or something like that. So you need to start out by getting to know people willing to fill a single table with you.

BTW my gut feeling is that the majority of team matches are still randomly organised via Windows client lobby chat, but I really couldn't care less about those.

Here's a thought... why can't there be a better system for signing up to start or participate in Team Matches on the Web client? Something with listing schedules, the option to create your own team game, to contact people who are interested in them, or to sign up to play in one?
There is a big difference between a good decision and a good result. Let's keep our posts about good decisions rather than "gotcha" results!

#4 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2012-February-14, 04:22

Why not start your own team game and fill it with subs?
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users