• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-September-26, 00:42

Interesting article: http://scripting.com...sScaringMe.html

#2 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-September-26, 06:03

I joined LinkedIn a couple of years ago and recently got myself off of it. I may well do the same with Facebook. Currently I just don't use it so it's harmless enough, I think. I am uncomfortable with the lack of control. Maybe I could learn how to better control the flow, and maybe I couldn't as the cited article suggests, but I am not sure why I should bother. Perhaps I could envision a social network that I would like, but neither of these two are it.
Ken

#3 User is offline   Xiaolongnu 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Cats, playing and directing bridge, MSN, strategy games, fantasy RPGs, shooting games, adventure games, mathematics, google.

Posted 2011-October-20, 03:36

I post lots of bridge related articles on Facebook. I find it a good way to keep those not so active bridge players still in touch with the game. But yes the lack of control is a problem. And considering how a fair number of those friends are not really friends, you never know when they would backstab you. But then again, that is social media for us so I just take it as a chance to practise my public speaking skills there. Or set privacy settings. Or a balance of both.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users