Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ignore?

#1 User is offline   wyman 

• Redoubling with gusto
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Math, Bridge, Beer. Often at the same time.

Posted 2011-July-21, 09:08

On another forum I frequent, posters have the ability to ignore members. In so doing, when viewing a thread, the blocker will see the blockee's posts as something like <You can't read this message because you currently have blockee on ignore>. Is there a way to do this on BBO-F?

Something like this might make many threads more readable, so long as no other posters quote blockee's posts. Maybe I'm the only one that is getting ulcers from seeing all the suit symbols, bold, caps, and font size switches, but this functionality would probably add several years to my life. Thanks.
"I think maybe so and so was caught cheating but maybe I don't have the names right". Sure, and I think maybe your mother .... Oh yeah, that was someone else maybe. -- kenberg

"...we live off being battle-scarred veterans who manage to hate our opponents slightly more than we hate each other.” -- Hamman, re: Wolff

#2 User is offline   matmat 

• ded
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-July-21, 09:22

View Postwyman, on 2011-July-21, 09:08, said:

On another forum I frequent, posters have the ability to ignore members. In so doing, when viewing a thread, the blocker will see the blockee's posts as something like <You can't read this message because you currently have blockee on ignore>. Is there a way to do this on BBO-F?

Something like this might make many threads more readable, so long as no other posters quote blockee's posts. Maybe I'm the only one that is getting ulcers from seeing all the suit symbols, bold, caps, and font size switches, but this functionality would probably add several years to my life. Thanks.

Click on [wyman] at the top right of the forum window, choose [Manage ignored users] from the dropdown list.

#3 User is offline   wyman 

• Redoubling with gusto
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Math, Bridge, Beer. Often at the same time.

Posted 2011-July-21, 09:27

View Postmatmat, on 2011-July-21, 09:22, said:

Click on [wyman] at the top right of the forum window, choose [Manage ignored users] from the dropdown list.

"I think maybe so and so was caught cheating but maybe I don't have the names right". Sure, and I think maybe your mother .... Oh yeah, that was someone else maybe. -- kenberg

"...we live off being battle-scarred veterans who manage to hate our opponents slightly more than we hate each other.” -- Hamman, re: Wolff

#4 User is offline   matmat 

• ded
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-July-21, 09:32

View Postwyman, on 2011-July-21, 09:27, said:

don't tempt me.

#5 User is offline   peachy 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-July-22, 00:24

View Postmatmat, on 2011-July-21, 09:22, said:

Thx matmat. It was easy, I just have never clicked on my own name... No more hearts for me :)

#6 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2011-July-28, 01:01

View Postwyman, on 2011-July-21, 09:27, said:

I hope you're not refering to another -symbol lover :P
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users