Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Improve open seat table listing Rotate starting letter of host name

#1 User is offline   wussley 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-April-15, 04:40

Currently, in the "list all tables with open seats" option this is always alphabetic. This helps to find a known host, but can be a problem for those of us with usernames down the alphabet. I have what I think will be a fairly easy to implement fix - hopefully improvement. Vary the starting letter of listing in some time frame. You could still find a host by name - wrapping around after "Z" to beginning. Currently it's hard to fill seats when several screens of tables appear if you are near the end of the alphabet. Very few people go down that far before info is too old. Hopefully, this is a little fairer and still useful. It would be reasonable, in my opinion, to have a random start letter for every listing/refresh. This would also tend to spread the users across the namespace more.

It also seems to me that most people looking at table listing are only interested in the one with permission required to sit. The help me find a game option tends to fill the unlocked tables pretty quickly. Perhaps separate lists of no permission/permission tables would prove useful, cutting down the "clutter" most wouldn't even consider looking at.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users