Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Error. Cannot join table.

#1 User is offline   ms lincoln 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-January-27, 21:34

When I right click on my friend's name to join the table, it gives me an error.....cannot join table.

Thanks for any help.

#2 User is offline   mtvesuvius 

• Vesuvius the Violent Volcano
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:SLEEPING

Posted 2011-January-27, 21:40

Your friend is probably playing in an ACBL tournament and is on the last round so it appears that specs are allowed... However only people who have played in that particular tournament are allowed to kibitz.
Yay for the "Ignored Users" feature!

#3 User is offline   ms lincoln 

• Pip

Posted 2011-January-27, 22:20

This goes for any friend that I right click on to join their table. None of my friends play in tournaments. Thanks.

#4 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-January-27, 22:48

Mtvesuvius's reply would extend to any table that doesn't accept kibs for some reason.

or, if the table had closed and your friend is no longer playing, but something is slow to refresh.

Next time this happens, check to see which friend you're looking at, and what he's supposed to be doing. (If you don't know how to do this, ask a yellow host for help. Give your friend's name, and what you're trying to do)

If he is at a table, try to join it. If you cannot, browse and look for his table, and see whether it has some properties like "kibs not allowed".
If nothing seems to be amiss, let BB know (either email support@ or post here with details of time, friend's name, etc). Try to include a screenshot if you can.

How to take screenshots:
http://www.bridgebas...h/scrnsnap.html
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#5 User is online   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-January-28, 03:04

I believe that there may be an issue using the web client when trying to join a friend's table when the table is hosted by an invisible player (who is probably using the windows client). I have never investigated it, but have seen a similar (or same) problem when I cannot join a friend's table.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2011-January-28, 06:29

View Postpaulg, on 2011-January-28, 03:04, said:

I believe that there may be an issue using the web client when trying to join a friend's table when the table is hosted by an invisible player (who is probably using the windows client). I have never investigated it, but have seen a similar (or same) problem when I cannot join a friend's table.

We will investigate this.

View Postms lincoln, on 2011-January-27, 21:34, said:

When I right click on my friend's name to join the table, it gives me an error.....cannot join table.

There are several reasons you cant join a friend's table:

1. Friend plays in an event that disallows kibs
2. Friend used to be available, then joined a tourney or something with no kibs, but on the chat area his info is not refreshed. To make sure what your friend is doing click on his/her name and check the info in the profile pop-up. If the "Join table" button is active you should be able to join.
3. Friend plays rubber bridge on the windows version, or is playing in a private club where you have no access.

Until we figure out if there's a bug somewhere please click your friend's name and use the Join button.

#7 User is offline   ms lincoln 

• Pip

Posted 2011-January-28, 08:21

Thank you all for you quick help. I believe the problem is rubber bridge.

#8 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2011-January-28, 18:29

In most cases if the friend is at a table that doesn't allow kibs, the Join Table button is greyed out. So it's either a bug or one of the corner cases mentioned above. If it happens all the time, it sounds like some kind of bug.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users