Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO Screen Size

#1 User is offline   gordon99 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2011-January-19, 15:25

Could anyone please advise me if it is possible to get BBO play area screen to fill my monitor screen. At present BBO screen height is 100% of monitor height but BBO screen width is only about 66% of monitor. However, the Help and Discussion Forum screens do fill the monitor.

Many thanks

gordon99

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2011-January-19, 20:40

gordon99, on 2011-January-19, 15:25, said:

Could anyone please advise me if it is possible to get BBO play area screen to fill my monitor screen. At present BBO screen height is 100% of monitor height but BBO screen width is only about 66% of monitor. However, the Help and Discussion Forum screens do fill the monitor.

Many thanks

gordon99

Welcome to the Forums :)

To make BBO full screen press CTRL+W.

It wont fill the whole screen for resolutions higher than 1024 x 768 though.

You seem to be using the older version of BBO. Try out the latest BBO version. It works full screen on any resolution. Go to www.bridgebase.com and click the yellow link Play bridge now.

This post has been edited by diana_eva: 2011-January-20, 08:54

#3 User is offline   gordon99 

• Pip

Posted 2011-January-21, 12:01

many thanks diana_eve for your reply. i used the link as you suggested and the screen was filled. i then uninstalled bbo hoping to be able to download a more up-to-date version that would give me a full screen. howeveri found i was downloading my original version no.5.2.6. what am i doing wrong?
gordon00

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-January-21, 16:26

By "older version" I think she meant the Windows version rather than the web version, not an old version of the Windows app.

#5 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-January-21, 19:57

gordon99, on 2011-January-21, 12:01, said:

many thanks diana_eve for your reply. i used the link as you suggested and the screen was filled. i then uninstalled bbo hoping to be able to download a more up-to-date version that would give me a full screen. howeveri found i was downloading my original version no.5.2.6. what am i doing wrong?
gordon00

Barmar is right. The Windows version, 5.2.6 is the older version. The new version is the web version. You can continue using the Win version and cope with the fact that maximum windows size is what you get when you press CTRL+W. Or you can switch to the latest version, which can be found at www.bridgebase.com, by clicking the yellow link Play bridge now. There is nothing to download. The web version of BBO runs in a window of your internet browser.

#6 User is offline   gordon99 

• Pip

Posted 2011-January-22, 08:07

Thanks both diana_eve and barmar for your helpful replies. I have managed to locate the version of BBO that gives a full screen. However, I find the new version cluttered, has wishy-washy colours and card images that are not quick to read. All in all I think I will stick with version 5.2.6 which I find both bolder and clearer, until the newer version is improved. Nevertheless, thank you both for taking the trouble to guide me to the full screen alternative.

gordon99

#7 User is offline   neilkaz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Backgammon, Bridge, Hockey

Posted 2012-March-28, 11:30

I'll chime in here in hopes that our BBO programmers can make the windows version accomodate resolutions of 1920 x 1200 and even higher. On my 24 inch monitor BBO window is MUCH too small unless I lower resolution considerably. I know I could play from the web version, but I MUCH prefer the windows version.

ty // neilkaz //

#8 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2012-March-28, 22:00

Sorry, but no enhancements will ever be made to the Windows version.

#9 User is offline   neilkaz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Backgammon, Bridge, Hockey

Posted 2012-March-30, 11:48

barmar, on 2012-March-28, 22:00, said:

Sorry, but no enhancements will ever be made to the Windows version.

I trust you'll forgive me for saying that I find this to be quite disappointing.

Anyhow, please improve the webbased interface and make it so that you can chat to lobby from a table to ask for players etc.

.. thx .. neilkaz ..

#10 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2012-March-31, 21:27

neilkaz, on 2012-March-30, 11:48, said:

Anyhow, please improve the webbased interface and make it so that you can chat to lobby from a table to ask for players etc.

That's unlikely to happen. Fred made a deliberate decision NOT to put it in the web version, because it's way too noisy. Our plan is to improve "Help me find a game".

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users