• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

blackberry storm

#1 User is offline   luke warm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, poker, politics

Posted 2009-October-23, 16:02

ok, post here if you have anything i should know about this phone... i know, i know, i should probably just let an average 10 yr old tell me about it
"Paul Krugman is a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like." Newt Gingrich (paraphrased)

#2 User is offline   Echognome 

• Deipnosophist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-October-23, 17:18

Have had one about a year. Great for surfing the web and email is pretty easy to read. Problem is that it's not that great to type on it. So my next phone I'm switching to one with a keyboard.

I assume you are going Blackberry for work? Otherwise, I would go for an iPhone.
"Half the people you know are below average." - Steven Wright

#3 User is offline   luke warm 

Posted 2009-October-24, 05:21

i actually prefer the iphone, but only at&t carries it and i'm a verizon customer... i didn't want to switch carriers... whether the difference between at&t and verizon is greater than the difference between the storm and iphone is the question
"Paul Krugman is a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like." Newt Gingrich (paraphrased)

#4 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-October-24, 05:37

If it's good enough for Obama it's good enough for you, Jimmy.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#5 User is offline   luke warm 

Posted 2009-October-24, 07:16

helene_t, on Oct 24 2009, 06:37 AM, said:

If it's good enough for Obama it's good enough for you, Jimmy.

it's probably too good for me

#6 User is offline   markleon 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2009-October-24, 07:55

If you really want a Storm, be sure to wait for the new generation Storm2. It supposedly has significant improvements in the behavior of the click-touch screen. I like my storm, but I would much rather use my iPod Touch for web browsing.

If you really want a real keyboard, wait to see what the Droid looks like. The initial reviews of it have been rave.

#7 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2009-October-24, 09:17

Rant: I have tried a number of times to find a new phone on the websites of either the telecom companies or the handset manufacturers, but it annoys me that they can't produce a single page with an overview of the the parameters that matter (such as price) for different models, I would have to browse dozens of pages and maintain my own paper list to make comparisons. Also, the price structures are ridicolously complicated. I want to pay X pounds for the handset and Y pence per minute for using it, I don't want a jungle of 18-month bindings, "free" text msgs and similar bullshit.

Until they stop this easy-to-look-through "you-get-screwed-without-noticing-it" marketing I refuse to buy a new handset or a subscription. I have a second-hand handset for ten quid and pay-as-you-go simcards, and whenever it gets lost or breaks down I will do the same again.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#8 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird

Posted 2009-October-27, 14:17

Ah, but helene, you are what we in the business call "smart". We don't want your business; there are too many people not willing to do the work of "is the shiny worth the cost" that spend much more than we lose on you.

Note: not actually in the cellphone business. I'm one of those people they in the business call "unreachable". Something about the combination of being strongly introverted and been tied to the FL (pronounced Leash, the F is silent at work) as part of 24/7 IT support makes me very happy to be "unreachable".
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users