• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Parade of Morons Darwin Awards Nominations Accepted

#21 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-August-26, 18:45

I'm sure if they can't keep justifying indefinite trials of Ivermectin there will be some other chemicals under the sink or in the farm shed that can be trialed next

Not one person in the trial died from Covid19 but there were many serious adverse events excluded from analysis

#22 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-August-27, 00:27

Texas Anti-Mask ‘Freedom Rally’ Organizer Fighting For His Life With COVID-19

“He’s not doing good. It’s not looking in our favor,” she said. “His lungs are stiff due to the fibrosis. They called and said they’ve run out of options for him and asked if I would consent to a do not resuscitate. And it would be up to us when to stop treatments.”

In July, Caleb Wallace reportedly helped organize “The Freedom Rally,” an event that billed itself as a protest against the “government being in control of our lives.” He also founded “The San Angelo Freedom Defenders,” which hosted a rally last year to “end COVID tyranny.”

He wrote a letter in April to the San Angelo Independent School District and published by a local news outlet demanding that the school district “rescind ALL COVID-related policies immediately.” He falsely claimed that wearing masks had harmful effects on children and that there was “little evidence that masks worked for anyone.”

When he first felt symptoms on July 26, his wife told the Standard-Times, he refused to get tested or seek medical care. He instead began treating himself with a cocktail of Vitamin C, zinc, aspirin and ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug that has been falsely promoted as an effective treatment for COVID-19 by conservative media. He was taken to the hospital on July 30.

Ivermectin??? Really???

Why didn't this patriot listen to his Manchurian President Trump??? Hydroxychloroquine, internal UV light and bleach??? These are the time tested treatments recommended by the Trump University Medical School and Grifting Center.

#23 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2021-August-27, 07:58

View Postjohnu, on 2021-August-27, 00:27, said:

Texas Anti-Mask ‘Freedom Rally’ Organizer Fighting For His Life With COVID-19

Ivermectin??? Really???

Why didn't this patriot listen to his Manchurian President Trump??? Hydroxychloroquine, internal UV light and bleach??? These are the time tested treatments recommended by the Trump University Medical School and Grifting Center.

In his defense, Trump on the golf course can easily be mistaken for a cow.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#24 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2021-August-27, 23:05

A father of three in Texas, who was once involved in organizing rallies against pandemic-related restrictions, is now desperately battling for his life while hospitalized for almost a month with COVID-19. Caleb Wallace, 30, has been unconscious, on a ventilator and heavily sedated in an intensive care unit after his lungs were ravaged by the virus. Jessica Wallace, who is pregnant with their fourth child and set up a GoFundMe page for medical bills, told the San Angelo Standard-Times that her husband had initially refused to get tested or seek medical care, instead opting for doses of Vitamin C, zinc, aspirin, and ivermectin.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#25 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-August-28, 13:53

A police captain who refused the vaccine and took the anti-parasitic ivermectin to combat COVID-19 dies from the virus

A Georgia police officer who frequently posted anti-vaxx messages on Facebook and took an anti-parasitic drug instead of a vaccine has died of COVID-19.

In another, Manning encouraged people to stock up on the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin, frequently used to deworm horses, and increasingly being taken by people in a misguided attempt to treat or prevent COVID-19.

"OK Folks Wayne Feed and Seed has some liquid and paste Ivermectin get it while supplies last," Manning wrote on Facebook.

Manning also wrote on Facebook that he had taken ivermectin himself, and criticized Facebook for disciplining him for spreading misinformation, The Independent reported.

I am stunned that ivermectin didn't work to cure Covid. Ivermectin has been endorsed by Devin Nunes' Cow and this is udderly the best endorsement you can get.

#26 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2021-August-28, 16:24

View Postjohnu, on 2021-August-28, 13:53, said:

A police captain who refused the vaccine and took the anti-parasitic ivermectin to combat COVID-19 dies from the virus

I am stunned that ivermectin didn't work to cure Covid. Ivermectin has been endorsed by Devin Nunes' Cow and this is udderly the best endorsement you can get.

I think I know the problem. Ivermectin will work for me but you will need Uvermectin. Your neighbor will need theyvermectin. And if you think there is an usvermectin you're just being silly.

#27 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2021-August-30, 09:00

A conservative radio host in Florida who was openly opposed to the coronavirus vaccine has died of the COVID-19 infection after a three-week battle with the disease.

Marc Bernier's final tweet, sent July 30, compared the vaccination and virus mitigation efforts to Nazi Germany.

And now, like Nazi Germany, Marc Bernier is also history.

#28 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-August-30, 21:26

‘Hoax’ kills COVID-denying anti-vaxxer who worked for the CIA: report

The death of Robert David Steele, a guest on the far right-wing program “Infowars,” was confirmed by a friend of his on social media Sunday. Steele prided himself as one of the first people to identify COVID — which Vice reports caused his death — as a “hoax.”

“I will not take the vaccination, though I did test positive for whatever they’re calling ‘COVID’ today,” he blogged on Aug. 17. “The bottom line is that my lungs are not functioning. The good news is that I will survive with a few days off.”

Ironic that a Covid expert doesn't know that it is too late to get vaccinated once you get infected.

Fellow conspiracy theorist Mark Tassi confirmed his pal’s death on Sunday, claiming Steele was fine until he was treated with an antiviral medication. Tassi claims Steele’s family gave into “shaming” and put the former Marine on a ventilator. According to Tassi, ventilators kill people.

Calling “the whole thing suspicious,” Tassi introduced a new conspiracy theory naming “they” as the culprit. He believes the death of people like Steele is part of an effort to undermine Florida’s governor, who has been widely talked about as a Republican presidential hopeful.

Tassi and Steele remind of the guy behind the tree in baseball Hall of Famer Dizzy Dean's famous comment,

"Stand behind a tree 60 feet away, and I'll whomp you with an optical illusion."

#29 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2021-September-04, 22:17

An Illinois man took out a 9mm semi-automatic handgun and shot his half-brother in the head during an argument over the COVID-19 vaccinations, officials said.

Larry D. Cavitt, 68, is charged with two counts of first-degree murder and aggravated battery after he allegedly killed his half brother, Joseph E. Geyman, 51, of Tunnel Hill, Ill., according to a news release by the Johnson County Sheriff's office

Probably one of those "Second Amendment people"...

#30 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-September-04, 23:26

View PostWinstonm, on 2021-September-04, 22:17, said:

[size="3"]

Probably one of those "Second Amendment people"...

I've been informed by the NRA that this is libel and that this was a case of accidental shooting. Larry fully intended to stab his half brother with a knife, but couldn't find one in time. Guns don't kill people, accidents kill people.

#31 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2021-September-05, 09:20

View Postjohnu, on 2021-September-04, 23:26, said:

I've been informed by the NRA that this is libel and that this was a case of accidental shooting. Larry fully intended to stab his half brother with a knife, but couldn't find one in time. Guns don't kill people, accidents kill people.

As in, if y'al don't stop I'm libel (sic) to shoot stab you?

#32 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2021-September-13, 11:54

A hospitalized COVID-19 denier whose attempts to be treated with deworming drug ivermectin inspired a far-right harassment campaign against her hospital died early Monday, sparking cries among QAnon conspiracy theorists that she had been the victim of “medical murder.” Before her COVID-19 diagnosis, Veronica Wolski was a prominent Illinois booster of the QAnon conspiracy theory who recorded herself hanging pro-QAnon banners over bridges and flouting mask laws in stores, once declaring, “I have never once worn a mask.”

After she was hospitalized in Chicago two weeks ago with COVID-19, Wolski’s supporters in QAnon and other far-right groups besieged the medical center with hundreds of phone calls and even some death threats, demanding that she receive ivermectin, whose effectiveness as a COVID-19 treatment is unproven. Top QAnon leaders like former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn embraced her cause, with pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood calling the hospital and demanding she receive ivermectin shortly before Wolski’s death. On Monday morning, Wood announced in a post on social networking app Telegram that Wolski had died shortly after midnight and called her death a “medical murder,” urging his followers to “go to war.” AMITA Health, which runs the hospital where Wolski died, did not respond to an immediate request for comment.

#33 User is offline   y66 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-September-13, 18:11

From NYT:

Washington State has some of the strictest pandemic restrictions in the nation: Residents must wear masks when gathering indoors, and many workers are under vaccination orders.

Across the border in Idaho — where the governor has refused to require masks or vaccinations — unchecked virus transmission has pushed the state’s hospitals beyond their breaking point. Patients are now swamping facilities in Washington as well.

As Idaho patients fill wards, Washington hospitals have had to postpone surgeries to remove brain tumors. Emergency rooms are backed up as nurses struggle through brutal shifts.

“We are delaying care for people who are in misery,” said Dr. Daniel Getz, chief medical officer for Providence Sacred Heart in Spokane, Wash. “It’s agonizing for those patients. This has real impacts on these people who are waiting.”

Some leaders in the state see Idaho’s outsourcing of Covid patients as a troubling example of how the failure to aggressively confront the virus in one state can deepen a crisis in another.

“We certainly need [the morons] in Idaho government to do more to preserve their citizens’ health, because we know that their crisis is becoming our problem,” said Washington’s governor, Jay Inslee.

If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#34 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-September-13, 20:08

View Posty66, on 2021-September-13, 18:11, said:

From NYT:

And it will get worse. Earlier in one thread or another I said I am not up for hoping the antis die, and that still holds. But there is a severe practical problem that has to be dealt with and I think it is very reasonable to, when beds and staff are in sort supply and choices have to be made over who gets treated, to take into account how a patient has behaved.

As I say, it will get worse, especially if the idiot gov of Idaho refuses to act reasonably.

The gov of Washington could call the gov of Idaho and just say something like "Look, we have a problem. We could try to solve it, or not. But we simply cannot continue taking needed beds from our residents to give to your residents because you are too stupid to act. Your choice, buddy." Freedom? Sure. But responsibility goes with freedom.
Ken

#35 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-September-13, 20:12

View Posty66, on 2021-September-13, 18:11, said:

From NYT:

Washington State has some of the strictest pandemic restrictions in the nation: Residents must wear masks when gathering indoors, and many workers are under vaccination orders.

Across the border in Idaho — where the governor has refused to require masks or vaccinations — unchecked virus transmission has pushed the state’s hospitals beyond their breaking point. Patients are now swamping facilities in Washington as well.

As Idaho patients fill wards, Washington hospitals have had to postpone surgeries to remove brain tumors. Emergency rooms are backed up as nurses struggle through brutal shifts.

“We are delaying care for people who are in misery,” said Dr. Daniel Getz, chief medical officer for Providence Sacred Heart in Spokane, Wash. “It’s agonizing for those patients. This has real impacts on these people who are waiting.”

Some leaders in the state see Idaho’s outsourcing of Covid patients as a troubling example of how the failure to aggressively confront the virus in one state can deepen a crisis in another.

“We certainly need [the morons] in Idaho government to do more to preserve their citizens’ health, because we know that their crisis is becoming our problem,” said Washington’s governor, Jay Inslee.

Washington is only 61% fully vaccinated. Besides the minority Republicans in the western part of the state, the eastern part of the state is mostly politically aligned with Idaho (much like eastern Oregon), ie extremely right fringe, anti-masker, anti-vaxxer.

#36 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2021-September-13, 21:56

View Postkenberg, on 2021-September-13, 20:08, said:

And it will get worse. Earlier in one thread or another I said I am not up for hoping the antis die, and that still holds. But there is a severe practical problem that has to be dealt with and I think it is very reasonable to, when beds and staff are in sort supply and choices have to be made over who gets treated, to take into account how a patient has behaved.

As I say, it will get worse, especially if the idiot gov of Idaho refuses to act reasonably.

The gov of Washington could call the gov of Idaho and just say something like "Look, we have a problem. We could try to solve it, or not. But we simply cannot continue taking needed beds from our residents to give to your residents because you are too stupid to act. Your choice, buddy." Freedom? Sure. But responsibility goes with freedom.

We have reached the Monty Python moment with the anti-vaxers where there is no longer argument, only contradiction.

No there isn’t.

#37 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-September-14, 04:54

Right-Wing Anti-Vax Radio Host Who Mocked AIDS Victims Dies Of COVID-19

Bob Enyart, a notoriously homophobic right-wing radio host who refused to get vaccinated against the coronavirus, has died of COVID-19.

However, Enyart might be best remembered for his cruelty.

As Denver’s Westword noted: “He would gleefully read obituaries of AIDS sufferers while cranking ‘Another One Bites the Dust’ by Queen, whose lead singer, Freddie Mercury, succumbed to the malady.”

Enyart’s wife, Cheryl, is also sick with what his website calls “severe Covid 19 conditions.”

Both refused the coronavirus shot to protest the use of aborted fetal cells, collected many years ago, in vaccine research and urged others to “boycott” the shot for the same reason.

Just for you, Enyart, and good riddance.

Another One Bites the Dust - Queen

#38 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-September-14, 05:10

View PostWinstonm, on 2021-September-13, 11:54, said:

One of QAnon believer and opponent of coronavirus safety measures Veronica Wolski's Instagram messages said

It (Covid) doesn't affect those who don't believe in it

There is no confirmation that Wolski checked out forever while muttering "Stop believing in Covid!!! I am not in the ICU hooked up to a mechanical ventilator. Q will save me."

#39 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-September-14, 10:40

View PostWinstonm, on 2021-September-13, 21:56, said:

We have reached the Monty Python moment with the anti-vaxers where there is no longer argument, only contradiction.

No there isn't.

I agree that rational argument seems useless, at least for many.
The following occurred to me with regard to freedom from government intrusion into our lives.

WW II ended when I was 6, but the draft was still there when the Korean War, aka the Korean Police Action, started in 1950 and of course during Viet Nam.
Maybe the antis could give a little thought to that.

Guys got drafted, sent off to war, quite a few did not come back, many came back psychologically and physically wounded.

So, when the nation is in trouble, we interfere with personal liberty.
Of course we do.

I regard myself as a big supporter of personal liberty. I don't want to tell others what to do, I don't want others telling me what I should do. But sometimes, for the collective good, we must. People other than communists speak of collective good. This nation and all nations sometimes overrule personal liberty to secure collective good.

Getting the vaccine and wearing a mask is such an instance. And it is one whole hell of a lot easier and less dangerous than sending marines to Iwo Jima.

So my message to any anti that is reading this (yes, I realize it is probably the empty set) is: Face reality. This is a time of need. Do what clearly has to be done. Enough with the "gotta defend my liberty to spread the disease" crap. Get with it. Now. Jesus X, it's effing obvious.
Ken

#40 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2021-September-14, 18:46

This train is bound for Crazy, this train
This train is bound for Crazy, this train
This train is bound for Crazy
The vaccine kills but Jesus saves me
This train is bound for Crazy, this train.

This train don't believe in science, this train
This train don't believe in science
Just give me that old time self-reliance

This train is slowly dyin', this train
This train is slowly dyin', this train
This train is slowly dyin'
We know the Truth that Fauci's lyin'
This train is dyin' slowly, this train

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users